The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 9, 2001, 01:16 AM   #1
Blue Duck357

Removing finger grooves from Glock

Yeah I know it sounds like a bad idea right off the bat. I don't want to trade for a new frame and I know resale/warranty will be fried, but my little 23 would be perfect except my fat fingers just don't quite match up with the grooves.

Anyone tried sanding them off? Just wondering if it would work as far as coloration and texture of what would be left over. Thanks for any help.

Regards, Blueduck
Old October 9, 2001, 01:35 AM   #2
Fred Hansen

I believe that there are companies that specialize in that kind of thing. I don't think they sand them off so much as they re-mold the existing grip. I come across pictures of modified glocks from time to time, and if I see a company/gunsmiths name I'll let you know.
"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore
Old October 9, 2001, 08:26 AM   #3
Chris Orndorff

Try www.arizonaresponsesystems.com
Old October 10, 2001, 07:41 PM   #4
Dfariswheel

It's possible to do this with a Moto-tool and sanding bits, files and sandpaper. After shaping the grip, have it lightly beadblasted to a uniform texture.