The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 5, 2015, 11:32 PM   #1
Shadi Khalil

Warren Tactical Night sights

Good Morning all,

I currently carry a M&P 9c and love everything about it. I've had it over a year now and I'm really getting comfortable using it in self defense distances and situations when practicing. I've gotten a lot quicker win my draw and shooting over the top and focusing on the front sight, pretty much how I shoot my j-frames. My stock sights are pretty beat up due to being dropped and used in reload drills so I'd like to change them out. I'm leaning towards Warren Tactical blacked out rear with a trtinium front dot. Anybody using this set up? Pro's or con's I should know about?

Thanks
Old August 7, 2015, 04:55 PM   #2
shooter1911

I have a M&P 45C with the exact configuration you mentioned. I think the Warren Tactical wave sights are one of the fastest acquisition sights I have ever used. As others have described this sight, when you focus on the front sight, the back sight seems to disappears, but you are on target. I was going to put a set on my 1911, but decided to go with the 10-8 U sight and a gold bead instead. I strongly recommend the Warren Tactical sights as long as they are the wave style.
Old August 7, 2015, 05:00 PM   #3
Shadi Khalil

Shooter, thanks for the reply. I have a couple other sights I would like to check out but I am really leaning towards the WT's.

I'd love to hear from those that bought them and then hated them.

Thanks guys.
Old August 7, 2015, 05:27 PM   #4
shooter1911

No matter what sights you get, I can tell you I am really impressed with the ball front and U back sight concept. It's not great for target shooting, but awesome for SD.
Old August 7, 2015, 08:26 PM   #5
stangbangr

Warren Tactical Night sights

Sorry I don't hate them. I have Four sets of WT sights. have Three sets of the "carry" plain Black rear/FO front and one set of the "Warren Sevigny Comp." plain Black rear/FO front.

Last edited by stangbangr; August 11, 2015 at 07:31 AM.