The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 9, 2009, 07:06 PM   #1
stang46gt

Gotta love Midway USA

I just received my 3rd die set from Midway USA in the last 2 months. The 38/357 Lee Carbide 4 die set I received today was packaged incorrectly and the contents of the red die set case was loose in the envelope. After I inspected the die I found that the expander die treads were damaged as well as the cover of the case.

I emailed them and sent them pics of the damaged die. Within an hour Lacy from Customer service sent this email:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your recent email. I do apologize about the way you received your die set. I thank you for your patience and bringing that problem to our attention. Thanks for sending the photos, I will forward these on so that our shipping department is aware of what happen for reference. I have sent out a new die set to replace the damaged one to your po box, please keep the one you already received.

Thanks for your business,
Lacy
MidwayUSA
Customer Service

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would be happy with just a replacement for the damaged die and said as much to a reply email I sent. 2 minutes after her email I received another saying an invoice was created for me and they will notify me when it is shipped.

I am a very happy customer right now.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:11 PM   #2
sig2009

I have no use for Midway!
Old June 9, 2009, 07:12 PM   #3
EmptyHull

I just placed a small order with them today. This is my first order with them and I hope it goes well. Tim
Old June 9, 2009, 07:22 PM   #4
riggins_83

MidwayUSA is usually quite good. Lately I've noticed them getting to slap happy with packaging.. stuff them so full the box is no longer square.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:32 PM   #5
bustoff

sig2009--- just curious, what is your complaint about midway. for reloading stuff i found midsouth and natchez to have better prices and shipping rates but they dont allways have everything im looking for. midway usually does. i also am building a 1911 from parts and midways parts prices for all internal to complete the frame beat brownnells by 20 dollars. thats a apples to apples comparison, same parts, same manufacturer, thats with the c&r discount from each. so far ive never had a problem with them-- maybe ive just been luckey as ive seen quite a few complaints posted on various forums.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:44 PM   #6
DaveTrig

My favorite place to shop online. Friendly, great customer service, good prices, reasonable shipping costs, and shipping speeds that Amazon would envy. I've placed 8 orders with them this year, and every single one of them has shipped the day I placed the order.

Midway rocks.

Oh, and the 3 different Midway branded bags I've bought are all awesome, and were dirt cheap.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:51 PM   #7
DiscoRacing

guess im way outta there then.... i have gotten several thousands rounds of bullets from them... among other things also... never had any problems with them at all... am happy to say the least
Old June 9, 2009, 07:57 PM   #8
BigJakeJ1s

I've done business with Midway several times, with no issues whatsoever.

Andy
Old June 9, 2009, 08:32 PM   #9
gb_in_ga

I guess I've been lucky so far. I've done a fair amount of business with Midway and I haven't had any real problems with them.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:01 PM   #10
Randy 1911

I have been using MidwayUSA since 1998 and never had a problem. Great service and quick delivery. I can order on Monday and it is at my door Wednesday. In fact I ordered some dies yesterday and they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Great company.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:01 PM   #11
Sidewinder72

Midway has always been good for me. Quick shipping and decent prices, what more do you need. Good to do business with.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:36 PM   #12
CortJestir

I'm a fan of Midway too. Been very happy with shipping, service, and prices (granted, they have been going up a tiny bit lately but they're still more cost effective than most). Just received supplies from them yesterday...
Old June 9, 2009, 11:20 PM   #13
comn-cents

They are great, had a problem with some Truglo sights, Truglo blew me off. Midway offered to replace the sight for me. I will continue to order from them.
Old June 9, 2009, 11:48 PM   #14
ballardw

The service I got on the only order I placed was okay but I hate their website design. Or at least the parts not related to actually navigating and displaying chosen products. Some of the adds overflow the planned area on my screen and cover up the actual navigation tabs sometimes. About half the time I visit I just give up because the pages are taking too long to load.
Old June 10, 2009, 12:34 AM   #15
FrankenMauser

As much as I would like to say I have been impressed with Midway customer service (which I have been)....

Isn't the whole point to find a retailer that doesn't cause a problem in the first place? "Get it right; the first time!"

I've had good orders and bad orders with them.

The worst case was for a recoil spring buffer assembly... talk about a nightmare. After the third used buffer assembly arrived, I threw a fit. Selling used gun parts as 'new' was completely unacceptable, and I made it known. They made it known that they wanted to keep my business, though. After letting me keep all three buffers, and refunding the purchase price... they asked if there was anything I needed on their site. I refered them to some .277" and .224" bullets. Four days later, they were at my door step; no charge.

Midway is decent enough, and I visit their site a lot.

However... I'm still looking for the retailer that can get it right the first time. (Shipping accidents not included)
Old June 10, 2009, 01:59 AM   #16
Hook686

I have had a few bad experiences with midway. I really do not like their shipping costs, or policy.

When the number of people in institutions reaches 51%, we change sides.
Old June 10, 2009, 05:42 AM   #17
ragsxd

great place,never a problem with them.
Old June 10, 2009, 06:46 AM   #18
Magnum Wheel Man

Brown truck ( or the white one as they have started using the mail service more ) come to my place almost once a week from Midway... almost no problems ( did have a box of Lapua bulk bullets spill out into the outer box one time... probably could have been packed better )... & some items on back order keep getting pushed back... but expect thats suppliers problems, not Midways... they are my #1 supplier
Old June 10, 2009, 06:53 AM   #19
MEATSAW

I have always been served well by Midway. They usually have everything I am looking for, instead of having to order from multiple places at once. Never had a problem with anything and I've bought everything from huge ammo orders to super small envelopes with Wolff springs in them. They have earned their spot as my "go to" gun & shooting stuff store.
Old June 10, 2009, 08:37 AM   #20
cbm1948

Midway

If you use any business long enough they will have problems, but it is what happens after the problem that makes a Great company or an also ran. I have bought more from midway than I'm willing to tell my wife about. One or two problems over the years but they always make it right. I know some people have an issue with their shipping policies and price of shipping. But overall I will remain a loyal customer.

Clint
Old June 10, 2009, 09:00 AM   #21
zippy13

I've been a Midway customer for many years, my only complaint is with their web site. I don't know if their server is overwhelmed, or what. Lately, it's so slow it has become an annoyance.
Old June 10, 2009, 09:14 AM   #22
B78-22250

I have been dealing with Midway for 18 years and I have never had a problem or issue with anything I have ordered. They are a first class business. Also Sinclair Inc and Sierra bullets are two more top notch companys.
Old June 10, 2009, 09:30 AM   #23
ragwd

I have dealt with MidWay 3 times and always a good experience. Thats not to say that they dont goof up sometimes.
Old June 10, 2009, 10:15 AM   #24
wingman

Occasional sale that is good but overall I do better elsewhere. Count me as not a big fan.
Old June 10, 2009, 10:17 AM   #25
jondar

I won't use them again either.

They stalled my gunsmith for three weeks on a trigger return spring for my Browning BDA. First they had it, then they didn't, then they did, finally they didn't. I made one phone call to Browning Service Dept at St. Louis, I had the spring in the mail two days later. Postage is thru the roof, small items end up costing more for postage than the price of the item. If you like them, have at it. Not me.