The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 25, 2008, 10:23 PM   #1
Mr.XD9mm

Review of the Air Marshall Holster by Deep Conceal

Hello all after countless searching and reading about various ways to conceal my XD9mm 4" Service pistol with my CCL. I ran across this site www.deepconceal.com. I am really impressed like everyone said I tried out a couple other holsters and finally ran across this for the Texas heat.

Its similar to the belly band but it is a shoulder holster system. I got it in the mail today and went to our favorite restraunt Texas RoadHouse for some good ole steaks. After putting the holster on my wife had to pat my side to tell where the pistol was at. Not to shabby for 29.95 plus shipping was free I ordered it this past Sunday and I recieved it today. Doing the research it showed the the law enforcement agencys use them for their undercover work. I just wanted to know if anyone else has tried this holster system because I believe many people would like this set up. I had a hard time finding something comfortable and really didn't want to have my pants 2" bigger in the waist to have a IWB holster or wear those Tropical shirts out.

The cool thing I like about this holster is that it fits many other pistols and many that the website doesnt mention. I emailed the company and asked them if they Air Martial Holster would fit my XD. They said it would and it does. I have the XD 9mm 4" Service pistol and after I put it on I forgot I had it there until my wife asked how the holster felt while we were waiting on our food. I am not trying to make this a commerical of any sort but I am impressed so far and I think many would be impressed too. The Air Martial is designed for medium frame pistols where the Kangaroo is made for smaller frame pistols. What do ya'll think?
Old September 25, 2008, 10:27 PM   #2
Don H

I think that I don't particularly like holsters that are designed to fit many different handguns - they don't fit any one gun well.
Old September 30, 2008, 05:45 PM   #3
Mr.XD9mm

Air Martial Holster

When I wore it for the first time without a shirt the sweat really got on the pistol but the 2nd time I tried it out I wore it with a undershirt not only did it not sweat as far as I can tell. It was also more comfortable the owner at the company did not recognize that I was carrying anything. Conceals real well.
Old October 5, 2008, 09:46 PM   #4
ZAT

One of my buddies uses one for his USP40C and swears by it. It does conceal very well and seems to retain the gun well enough for general activity. Just dont ask him to draw it if youre in a hurry, cause its not a quick affair to say the least. Granted, practice will alleviate that issue, but it still seems pretty slow to access.
Old October 6, 2008, 01:41 PM   #5
jfruser

I bought one their standard holster years back. Same as the AM holster, but smaller.

I used it a few times, but then it landed in my big box of "holsters I never use anymore."

It is not secure, the velcro would not stay hitched (a little super glue cured that), and it would not secure the weapon when moving about in a vigorous manner.
Old October 7, 2008, 11:07 PM   #6
Mr.XD9mm

Deep Conceal- Air Martial Holster

So far I am liking this holster system it takes some practice drawing it. Wearing a undershirt with this holster has taken care of the problem I mentioned earlier about causing the gun to sweat. I wear it to work and no one can tell I have it on and my wife didn't realize it either until she gave me a bear hug and felt it on my side. It has been very comfortable and I have to say best 30 I have spent so far. Tried a OWB holster made by XD but it stuck out like a sore thumb. Down here in Houston Texas this thing works great cause it gets hotter than hell down here and being able to wear your shirt tucked in or out is a great asset. Even with a fully tucked in shirt it conceals great and you don't have to have your shirt 2 sizes too big or baggy. Really think they have did good on this system. I do agree they could have designed it a little differently to make drawing weapon easier but I practice everyday drawing it and this holster is even comfortable while riding in a car and can be drawn easily as well. Check the website out www.deepconceal.com and let me know what you think.