The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 16, 2002, 11:39 PM   #26
_YoYo_

I'd say the white powder substance would play a significant role in the investigation if you were to shoot the BG. Of course you wouldn't be thinking of that at the time, but it is interesting. And I am amazed at how many people said it was none of their business. If there is a white powder substance on the ground of a mall parking lot(great teenage hangout place) and it appears to be drugs, it is your business..

As far as answering the question.. I would reach for my cell phone way before my gun, unless of course he threatened my life.. Like everything else, this is different for each person, I run a 4.3 40 and could run circles around the fastest 300 pounder in the world.. So I would simply grab my phone and keep my distance..
Old April 19, 2002, 02:38 AM   #27
chris93473

well since he is a big guy i can assume he can't run that fast. so i show him some of my gun and warn him to back off. he doesn't so i run far away from my car and get my car key ready. when he is close enough to me and far from my car i immediately run back to my car. with my car key already in hand i immediately open the door, get inside and lock all the doors. then i start the engine and take off then make a u-turn facing the bad guy. then i play chicken with him. i would not run him over per say, i would try to run over his foot (both of them). see no bullets wasted.