The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 1, 2014, 10:09 PM   #51
bac1023

Quote:
I have a 1911. Apparently you didnt read the OP. 1911s dont inspire me. They are large, heavy, old fashioned pistols. Tell me how a 1911, which costs at least twice as much, doesnt have Double Action capability, better accuracy, capacity, or reliability, be any better?
Once again, you're mixing in price, which I don't understand. Not everyone is looking for the least expensive pistol they can buy. Furthermore, the 1911 is not a specific model, unlike the P90. Try some higher end models before writing off the design.

...and, by the way, not everyone wants "double action capability".

It honestly sounds like you have an awful lot to learn. You're either very young or just very inexperienced and uninformed. Actually, its probably all of the above.

You probably couldn't even identify half the 45ACP pistols I own, yet are proclaiming a Ruger P series to be the best.
Old January 1, 2014, 11:11 PM   #52
weblance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bac1023
Once again, you're mixing in price, which I don't understand. Not everyone is looking for the least expensive pistol they can buy. Furthermore, the 1911 is not a specific model, unlike the P90. Try some higher end models before writing off the design.

...and, by the way, not everyone wants "double action capability".

It honestly sounds like you have an awful lot to learn. You're either very young or just very inexperienced and uninformed. Actually, its probably all of the above.

You probably couldn't even identify half the 45ACP pistols I own, yet are proclaiming a Ruger P series to be the best.
Here... Ill break it down for you. If a pistol is extremely accurate, perfectly reliable, and built to a level of quality that surpasses many others, for 1/2 or 1/3 the cost of its competitors, doesnt that make it BETTER? Thats how mixing in price, fits into this thread.

You make some very opinionated assumptions about my age and experience. Ive owned firearms for almost 40 years. Does that surprise you that Im not an uninformed child?

Just for the record... I dont really care if I could identify half the pistols you own. Im sure every one of them is very impressive... in your little world. Keep the judgmental comments to your self. They are neither needed, or wanted, in this thread.
Old January 2, 2014, 12:20 AM   #53
Fleabag

If that floats your boat, great!
Old January 2, 2014, 02:18 AM   #54
DannyB1954

To tell you what is the best, I would have to have all of you send me your guns. After i go through all of them, I will let you know.

I can tell you about the guns that I have had, but not about the guns that I never had. Do I have the best of anything? How would I know? Do I enjoy what I have? Yes, and I hope all of you do as well.
Old January 2, 2014, 07:09 AM   #55
Guv

I thought this thread started out being judgmental?
Old January 2, 2014, 07:13 AM   #56
Spats McGee
Staff

I think this one has run its course.