The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 18, 2012, 05:28 PM   #1
WinterBoarder

Product Review: Mossie Tactics 2400 Light Mount

I saw this product at Show Show and ordered one when I got back. Though I've only been shooting for a couple of years, I could never find a good light setup for my AR. For those that are running the FSB, this product is very easy to install and seems very rugged.

I installed this on my 14.5" Mid Length AR with Magpul MOE handguards, and used a Surefire X300 weapons light. It is a bit awkward to engage the light without a remote switch, but if you have bigger hands and longer thumbs, it is possible. I'll probably invest in a remote switch.

One potential issue to be aware of is if you need to attach a suppressor. It looks like 14.5" might be the shortest Mid Length barrel length you'll be able to use with this light mount, depending on the flash hider or compensator you use. The third picture shows the suppressor attached once I got my AAC Blackout compensator installed.

Overall looks to be a rugged product, very easy to install, and priced reasonably at MSRP of $79, but available on the Internet at $65.

http://mossietactics.com/Support.html

Last edited by WinterBoarder; March 19, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old March 19, 2012, 07:45 AM   #2
brmfan

I have a similar setup... sort of
http://m.opticsplanet.net/laser-devi...ht-with-v.html

But since it mounts in the FSB instead of in front I gain an extra inch or so of clearance. Plus with the integral rails on the laser mount I was able to use a Surefire M300a scout. It's very easy to hit both the laser pad and light tail cap. If I ever put a can on mine (also 14.5") it should be a breeze.