The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 27, 2012, 04:50 PM   #1
customf1

Some new add ons to my Mossberg 500

Just ordered both of these parts for my Stock Mossberg 500 tactical, got both for $50.00 on Amazon. I'm thinking of addding a light to the side rail, any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Ultimate Arms forend
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...b%2BWr%2BL.jpg

UTG Fore grip
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
Old October 27, 2012, 04:58 PM   #2
Comanche

I added a six shell side saddle to mine and used one of the shot holder holes in the side saddle to mount a sure fire flashlight with a special mount that fits in said shot shell hole.
The light has a rubber push button at the very rear that you can just push on, let go, off in place of. A remote switch.
My gun has a rear pistol grip so I just pivot my thumb up to press the light button as needed.
When I let go, the light is off.

This worked very well for me especially while sneeking up and blasting a pack of wild dogs that was terrorizing my Belgian Malinois Shepherd one night out back.

I Surprised them with the instant on light and was able to fire a few shots all while holding the light button with my thumb and racking the next shell.

I was able to kill two out of three of the bad dogs, amd when I say bad they were bad because they tore the neighbors jack Russell to bits the previous night.

I had since sold this shotgun but I can try to find a pic of my simple but very functional set up.
Old October 28, 2012, 02:29 PM   #3
scottd913

pictures...yes pictures