The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 4, 2009, 04:48 PM   #1
silentstorm16

Mechanix original gloves vs ringers tactical hd

Hey I m looking in purchasing a pair of gloves for shooting, and I narrowed it down to these two gloves due to price and dexeterity and tactile feel. I hear both of these gloves are great and are widely used. I am curious how ringers feel because I know of no place that sells them. Thanks and if you have them show me some pics of your gloves thanks
Old March 4, 2009, 09:16 PM   #2
drail

Howdy. This is just my personal opinion. I wouldn't recommend either of those two types of gloves for use as shooting gloves. First off, they're going to be too slick to maintain a good grip on a gun. They will offer little or no padding to help absorb recoil. I'm curious as to why you want to wear gloves for shooting. I have spent years wearing out mechanics gloves for work (to protect my hands) and years shooting handguns and I can't see how they would help, but I can see that they will make it harder to control a handgun. I feel that for accurate shooting you need to have an intimate interface between the gun and your hand. Years ago I shot a lot of Magnum loads out of a Blackhawk and the grip would raise blisters on my palms from the gun slipping in recoil. I tried heavy leather gloves just for the padding but it really didn't help much. What are you shooting?
Old March 9, 2009, 06:09 AM   #3
imthegrumpyone

Latex blue ones.
Old March 9, 2009, 09:18 AM   #4
protectedbyglock

I've got a pair of those IronClad CC gloves, and I was think ing about using them for shooting too. Just to see how they'd feel. Sometimes it's so freakin' cold when I shoot, and the hands are usually the worst. Nose gets cold, too, but I don't really think wearing a ski mask and shooting AR15s is a great idea.
BTW, the "CC" in these glove's name is "cold condition", not "concealed carry" or the like. They are strictly colder weather mechanics gloves, but have a good feel, and don't get too hot. Maybe I'll try them out and post back. I think they might work good.
Old March 9, 2009, 02:52 PM   #5
Glasstream15

I use Mechanix gloves shooting my PF9 and P3AT. I don't need them as much now that I did the heat shrink on the triggers, but those little guns will work on your hands. HOWEVER, I always run at least 2 mags barehanded thru each.

I do not use gloves with my Glock 19 or my Ruger P90. Just the little Kelties. Of course, here we rarely have a need to keep our hands warm and 1 mag will generally create enough heat to take care of that easily.