The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 3, 2013, 03:00 PM   #1
smee78

S&W Autopistol 3rd Generation Action Package $160???

Hi everyone,

I have two S&W guns going back for the decocker recall (5926 & 1076) and wanted to know if anyone has had the Autopistol 3rd Generation Action Package done on there guns? It cost $160 ea and includes "Polish Ramp and Hood, Tuned Action, Test Fire for Function". Have any of you had it done and is it worth it? I figure while the guns are there why not get some work done on there shipping.
Thanks everyone.

Last edited by smee78; January 3, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old January 3, 2013, 06:28 PM   #2
dgludwig

I can't answer your questions but maybe you can mine. Can you provide more information on the "decocker recall"?
Old January 3, 2013, 10:44 PM   #3
The_Shadow

Here is what I have on it...
SMITH & WESSON
MODEL 1026, 1076, 4526, 4536, 4576, 5924,
5926, 6924 and 6926 PISTOLS

RECALL: Models affected have frame mounted decocking levers.

Other model Smith & Wesson pistols are not affected by this advisory.

We have determined that it is possible for a Smith & Wesson Third Generation 9mm, 10mm and .45 ACP pistol with a frame-mounted decocking lever to malfunction so as to make the pistol inoperable.

In order to safeguard our customers from the possibility of such a malfunction, Smith & Wesson will inspect and, if necessary, modify these pistols free of charge. Owners of Smith & Wesson 9mm, 10mm and .45 ACP pistols featuring a frame-mounted decocking lever with model numbers listed above, and which do not have two dots stamped on the frame underneath the decocking lever (when the lever is depressed) should send their pistols and accompanying magazines to Smith & Wesson for a no-charge inspection.

Please send your pistol and magazines to:

Smith & Wesson
2100 Roosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01102-2208
Attn: Service Department-DL

If you have any questions regarding this product advisory, please call 800-331-0852 ext. 211.

While we have your pistol, our armorers will stamp your pistol with two dots under the decocking lever, and give your pistol an ultrasonic cleaning and full lubrication (a $25.00 value) at no charge.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Smith & Wesson remains committed to building the safest, most reliable and finest-performing firearms possible.
Old January 4, 2013, 08:36 AM   #4
smee78

Thanks Shadow, That's my impression as well. Plus shipping is on them, I'm just waiting on my lables now.
Old January 4, 2013, 05:35 PM   #5
dgludwig

Thanks for the info, Shadow.