The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 2, 2006, 01:22 PM   #51
gunslinger555

I think you should get one of these http://www.campingsurvival.com/12gabosesy.html only use with blanks!! if it does not scare them off it will wake you up but I rely think it will scare them off.
Old September 2, 2006, 05:06 PM   #52
gdm

the motion lights are adjustable, get one that uses infrared,not just motion.Mount it high,out of reach so that the bulb cant be unscrewed.
Old September 2, 2006, 08:24 PM   #53
rdebert

Had something similar happen to me when I first bought this house (my first house). Has an old but large storage shed a decent distance away from the house. Someone hopped the fence and tried to get into the shed within the second or so week after I had moved in. He ignored the motion sensor activated flood lights, ignored the beware of dog sign (I have no dog..left over from previous owner), hopped the low and clearly unlocked fence, and tried to get into the shed by working on/then pounding on the lock. It is a good lock and he was not successful...so he reversed the sequence and left.

What did I do. Watched him from my bedroom window. The shed was completely empty.

The next day I went out and bought a very flimsy lock and changed out the locks. Yes...I did. About a month later (26 days actually) he (or someone else) snapped off the lock in the middle of the night. I did not see or hear anything...found the shed open in the morning and the lock on the ground.
Have not had any problems since. Got comfortable enough to actually put stuff in my shed.