The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 19, 2008, 12:18 AM   #1
protoker

need help for a stevens 77c shotgun

i have a stevens 77c shotgun that i took apart to clean. well, i dont know exactly how to put it together. i got it back close put the shells are not feeding. can anybody help me or send a diagram to me......thnx
Old February 10, 2009, 01:48 PM   #2
ex-driller

i think i know what is wrong, i picked up the same gun at an auction and found the same thing. mine will eject the shell from the tube but it will jam and not proceed into the chamber, i fixed it yesterday after a healthy bout of swearing, but i noticed the arm that holds the shells back in the tube has a tine little spring that allows it to fall back in place one a shell has been cycled. if you hold the gun muzzel up and look into where you load it you'll see the arm that i am talking about on the right side, you should see a little spring near the bottom of the opening holding the arm up, or the hole that it goes into. if this is missing i'm sure a local gunsmith will have something that'll work, if not i used a flint spring from a bic lighter and just cut.

hope this helps

Tags
assembly help , shotgun , stevens