The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 14, 2000, 03:37 PM   #1
Lonnie Jaycox

I have just purchased a very nice 1100 Remington lefty that has a 26 IMP CYL barrel that is fine for skeet. I need a source for a Trap barrel (also left handed). What choke/length is recomended. I shot skeet and trap 20 yrs. ago in college and am going to take it up again. I even found my old MEC 650 in a box that also contained about 300 rounds of Peters Blue Magic that I had reloaded and never shot. I also found a case of primers in there--would they still be ok to use?
Thanks for any help,
Lonnie
Old July 14, 2000, 04:35 PM   #2
Ledbetter

Welcome, Lonnie.

You can find some of the answers to your barrel length questions by going through the posts here on "Shotguns" for the last 30 days or so. There's plenty of folks here who know a lot more than I do who will help you with the other stuff.

Regards,

Ledbetter
Old July 14, 2000, 10:05 PM   #3
PJR

Tighter chokes are usually called for when shooting trap, modified or above will do for 16 yards, tighter for handicap. I like Improved Modified best for trap. Most trap shooters like longer barrels of 30" or more because of they tend to keep the swings smoother. I can't help on where to get a left-handed trap barrel for your gun.

The shells and primers should be fine unless they were stored in a damp, wet environment.