The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 14, 2012, 06:23 AM   #26
thedudeabides

So SIG makes a full sized pistol that isn't plastic, DAO, and micro carry? It's a metal frame, full-sized 45 ACP double stack?

I thought the days of making real guns were over for them. It's good to see someone out there actually still has a taste for what made the company great.

...I really like the idea of the P227, but a double stack 45 isn't enough to get me to sell my P220 (especially if you can get a 10 round factory mag). I'd still love to see a 10mm P220 variant in either single or double stack, and this gives me hope.
Old November 14, 2012, 08:09 AM   #27
loose_holster_dan

about time. when i was looking to buy a 45 (non-1911), my first thought was to look at sig. i love my p226. but then i held a p220, and hated the feel. the single stack just didn't seem to fill in my hand and give me that warm, cozy feeling the p226 did. plus you only had a few rounds. lame. i ended up going with the xdm 45. if i was doing it again, i would definitely give the p227 a shot. i would HAVE to have the 14 round mags tho. how in the hell is a double stack still only 10 rounds?
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old November 14, 2012, 08:40 AM   #28
Technosavant

10 rounds in a double stack isn't too surprising. That's the capacity of the full size P250 in .45ACP.

The magazines just aren't that wide. If you want to keep from that 2x4 feel (exemplified by the G21), something's gotta give.
Old November 14, 2012, 03:00 PM   #29
Noreaster

If it fits in the P220 duty holsters it will make strong LE sales. I'd also like to see something in the Sig Pro in 45acp, (very underrated pistols.)
Old November 14, 2012, 03:17 PM   #30
jmstr

10 is a simple number: not too thick, but legal in all states.

However, I sold a P220 not due to round count, but the fact I was horrible with it. I was/am better with a host of other .45acp handguns, from ruger p97 through m&p .45 and a slew of 1911s.

Even if they had a california approved version, it is still a sig, which, despite being great guns, don't work well in my hands.

I do applaud the design innovation though!

sent from tapatalk on Evo3G