The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 14, 2002, 10:17 AM   #1
sox

CRKT KISS brief review

Wow, is all I can say. I bought this KISS knife at the gunshow this weekend for 20.00. Lemme tell ya, what a deal. a bunch of neat unexpected accessories were included: sheath with spring clip or optional adjustable belt loop, allows the knife to be worn vertical or horizontal, extra screw for the clip, wrench, and finally para cord to wrap the handle or dangle the sheath from the knife. Oh, and did I say sharp. I found this out as I was wrapping the handle of the unsheathed knife and it barely drew across my leg, opening a bit of flesh.
Old July 14, 2002, 11:03 AM   #2
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Yeah, it's hard to beat the value. CRKT is making some very good stuff for very low prices. Their Kasper licensed copy is a nice little knife, too. Downright shocking from a Taiwanese factory.
I'm glad you like it.
Old July 15, 2002, 12:52 PM   #3
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Everything is great about it... but the choice of steel. What is it, AUS-8? I found it to be very sharp and easy to resharpen. The down side is that it holds it's edge about as well as playdough. You will soon find that your knife is about as sharp as a "spork" with only moderate use.
Old July 18, 2002, 10:02 PM   #4
BucksDC

Mr Hill is right. Out of the box those suckers are sharp, I had 12 stitches to prove it After a month of use it was as dull as a butter knife. It can be sharpened though, and I love the tanto blade and small size.