The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 3, 2002, 02:26 PM   #1
Correia

I have found something a lot better than grip tape or skateboard tape

A little while ago, I posted about how slippery the grip of one of my guns was in Art of the Rifle. The grip was too narrow for a sleeve, so I figured I would put some skateboard tape on it.

But another TFLer sent me a sample of some of the bandages that his company makes. www.andovercoated.com Yes bandages. They are kind of like the kind they put on your arm after you give blood.

This stuff makes the best grip tape I have ever seen. It is not sticky at all, but it sticks to itself. Giving a good texture that you can really hold on to. You just wrap it around your grip and stick it to itself. It adds no extra bulk or thickness. So far it seems durable, and I have used it in several shooting sessions and one 3 gun match in the snow. So far there are no signs of it wanting to come off.

I highly recommend this stuff.
Old January 3, 2002, 08:04 PM   #2
Jim V

Hey Larry, can we get it embroidered with the TFL logo?
Old January 3, 2002, 08:09 PM   #3
Jim V

rats a double posting. I did not know the first went through since it was s-o-o s-l-o-o-o-w.
Old January 3, 2002, 08:38 PM   #4
C.R.Sam

Thanks Larry.

Sam
Old January 4, 2002, 12:24 AM   #5
Correia

Jim, I have made baby onesies with the TFL logo on them. I guess just about anything is possible if somebody wants it bad enough. Though I don't think it would work to well on this stuff.
Old January 8, 2002, 03:59 AM   #6
WSmac

Does this stuff come on a roll about 1 inch wide? We've used (medically) the Coban brand of what I think you are using. There are other names for it and it comes in all kinds of colors. It is nice material, never thought of putting it on a grip.