The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 23, 2006, 10:39 PM   #1
revinkevin

Knoxx Comp Stock - review

i receltly ordered a knoxx compstock for the winchester 1300.
best thing ive bought for the gun period.
super easy install with good directions and basic handtools.

i shot 100 rounds at the range and my shoulder isnt even sore. the stock actually fits me better than the winchester stock (with the 1" extended buttplate) id highly reccomend one! recoil is much friendlyer managable and your mind is more on what your shooting instead of preparing for recoil!

2 thumbs up!

only small complaint is where the stock meets the reciever it doesnt fit flush with the top part of the reciever the (reciever sticks out a tiny bit, so it doesnt go flush with the stock). but no biggie.
Old August 24, 2006, 05:19 PM   #2
'75Scout

Welcome to the club. I too sing the praises of knoxx whenever I get the chance. My compstock equiped 870 is so much easier and more fun to shoot now. Its also more usable for HD. My followup shots are drastically quicker and more accurate.
Old August 24, 2006, 06:16 PM   #3
webbee

I agree 1000%. I'm a total Knoxx fan boy. I just love shooting slugs one-handed and accurately with the CopStock. Knoxx is one of the few companies whose advertising is actually understated. I find they really deliver a great product.
Old August 25, 2006, 09:13 AM   #4
dad23honu

Yup, same here

Yes, definitely a big fan. I have the SpecOps stock on my Mossy 500 and love it. I also did the 6 round detachable box mag conversion and I LOVE it! Shoots great. Looks great.

I have children so I can't just leave a shotgun around with shells in the tube. With the detachable box mags, I leave two loaded mags in my quick access handgun safe. And I leave the shotgun hidden in my closet, behind some random stuff.

If I hear a bump in the night, the time it takes me to jump out of bed, open the safe, grab a mag, grab the shotty, insert mag, rack slide......12 seconds. That's only about 5 or 6 seconds slower than just picking up and racking a stock pump shotty. I'll live with the extra 5 seconds to NOT keeping a loaded weapon out and available.
I'm the most pleasant mother pheasant plucker that ever plucked a mother pheasant.
Old August 25, 2006, 06:51 PM   #5
hpg

I'd like to put one on my 870, but I just put a new Speedfeed stock on it last month. hpg