The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 15, 2000, 08:19 AM   #1
Rome

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask the question about these to old pistols but here goes. I found two old 6 shot pistols: Their name is in the title of this post. The company was located in Norwich, CT. They are tiny revolvers and appear to be 28 caliber but I'm not sure. One has a "US" stamped in the top of the grip. The other has what appears to be a trumpet of some kind in it's grip. Frankly, I don't know what to do with these. I found them in a very old house I purchased in a box of odds and ends. They might have been a "night watchman's weapon" from around the 20s. One is in fair condition, the other poor. I'd be willing to give them to someone who might collect them. If not, I'll bury them in the backyard. Any info will be helpful. I can also provide a photo via email if that would help.
Old February 15, 2000, 12:09 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

I don't think burying them is the answer unless they turn out to be about the same worth as pumpkin seeds.

You may be able to get some info on them in Harley Nolden's Institute. Look for the thread there ...
Old February 16, 2000, 04:38 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

Hi, Rome,

All I have is that Thayer, Robertson and Cary made 5 shot (sic) double action revolvers at 15-31 South Golden St., Norwich Connecticut, 1907-1908. I can't find any book with a value on them. They may be .30 rimfire, a common caliber at the time.

The "US" grip probably is a replacement grip from a US Arms Co. revolver.

Jim
Old February 16, 2000, 05:33 PM   #4
Rome

Jim,
Oops! They are 5 shot pistols afterall. I assumed 6. Wow! They are older than I anticipated. Thanks so much for the info.
Rome