The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 29, 2006, 04:40 PM   #1
[email protected]

Checkmate refinishing/White wolff custom

Boy, I just had the worst experience with White Wolff Custom, formerly Checkmate refinishing. I sent them my Colt commander to be hard chromed, and it appeared as if nobody read the instructions. They plated everything, even the stainless parts I told them not to. I shipped it back to them to have it corrected, and they had the balls to bill me for return shipping, and told me that they had misquoted me the origional price, and wanted still more money! There was no reasoning with them either. The didn't follow the instructions I sent them, but they didn't think they had to pay for any return shipping charges, and complained that they had to plate my weapon twice. I couldn't get them to understand that if they had done it right the first time, or quoted me the correct price, none of this would have happened. Appearently they will stand behind their work, as long as it doesn't cost them anything. I never had any trouble in the past with Checkmate, but since it has been sold, things there have changed...
Old March 29, 2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Wildalaska

WildoyeahbabyAlaska
Old March 29, 2006, 08:48 PM   #3
meanoldman

I've always had good luck with Virgil Tripp.

David