The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 19, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1
PotteryPal

And my first semi-auto pistols....

Fellow Members,

After a long departure from firearm ownership I decided to get back into the sport.

Unfortunately my timing couldn't have been worse. The prices are high, selection is terrible and of course high capacity mags are nearly impossible to find. Oh and don't forget the ammo......

Anyway, I decided to start with the SIG P239 SAS for my wife and I. But of course I couldn't stop there and started looking for a M&P9 but couldn't find anything so I settled on the M&P 9c. At time of purchase I hated the ~10lb trigger pull and got the LGS to throw in a spring kit and some "gunsmithing" at no additional charge.

And "bang" ...... the trigger pull on the M&P is roughly ~5lbs now. So I am more than satisfied.

Below is the start of my pistol collection. I think the Ruger SR22 is next on the list for some low cost plinkin. Enjoy:

Old January 19, 2013, 06:44 PM   #2
flotter390

That is a good start, Enjoy them. Happy shooting

Fred
Old January 19, 2013, 07:38 PM   #3
SauerGrapes

Good for you! You shouldn't have any trouble finding mags for them. {I hope}
Although ammo might be a pain.
I just picked up a gently used MKIII 22, but can't find ammo.

R.I.P.____Murphy
Old January 19, 2013, 07:40 PM   #4
a7mmnut

VERY nice! Those are lifetime investments, so welcome back.

-7-
Old February 14, 2013, 12:49 PM   #5
cal10

SR 22 get one now if you can find one. Mine is about 2 months old and has about 5000 rds. through it. Luckily I've been stumbling across bulk ammo at the LGS, and sporting goods stores. This thing will eat any type of ammo and has double action and an accessable hammer for restrikes (rimfire) so you don't have to eject the rounds. I'm tagging a tennis ball on a string "in motion" @ 25' with 6-7 rounds per 10 rd. mag... I've shot the Mark III and it is more accurate for still targets but it's heavy and hard to sight in on a moving target. You'll love the SR22, and it's affordable to shoot if you can find rounds.