The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 12, 2011, 11:45 PM   #1
zahnzieh

OUT IN THE Ozone???

Hey guys, I hope you are all getting antsy for opening day... I was wondering if anybody out there uses those Ozone-producing machines made by a company called OZONICS. The ozone it produces is supposed to remove/reduce human scent regardless of wind direction (u wont get winded). It seems like a good idea especially if you are using a ground blind. I know its more of an archery strategy but I just wanted some feedback. Machines are expensive and may be a gimmick?? thanks
Old September 13, 2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Pahoo

I think I'll will pass

I know that they work on other applications but have never worked with this specific model or application. I have worked on Ozone generators, used in industrial application. Personally, I think my money would serve me better in other ways. I know that scent blocker works. Then there area always Carbon suits. ...

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; September 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old September 13, 2011, 08:11 PM   #3
acohoon

I don't buy it. Ozone is three oxygen atoms bonded together. It is a respiratory irritant. Its one of the airborne compounds regulated by the EPA. We need it in the upper atmosphere to block UV light. We don't need down here at ground level.
Old September 13, 2011, 09:24 PM   #4
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I am a smoker etc... I can smell nearly nothing that deer can smell and ozone piques my curiosity at minimum every time...

If ozone is neutral to deer I would be utterly shocked...

Brent
Old September 13, 2011, 11:46 PM   #5
zahnzieh

corrosive?

Yeah, doesnt ozone also react with rubber and plastics ?- at least thats what i remember. I'd hate to have it corrode gun/bow/blind.
Old September 14, 2011, 05:44 AM   #6
Outlaw81

All cover scent is BS. The fact is that u produce pheromones and sweat even if its in minute quantities. They will smell u no matter what. I'd learn to hunt the wind.