The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 20, 2010, 10:13 PM   #1
andrewstorm

n a a companion cylinders

I just bought 2 n a a companion 22 mag cap n ball cylinders from cabelas in utah for 19.00 each,who knew stainless steel could be so cheap,so why cant i find any ruger old army cylinders for a reasonable price? for now 20 shots as fast as u can change the cylinder,on my back up gun will have to do,watch out vermin,snakes and such

Last edited by andrewstorm; May 23, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old May 21, 2010, 02:18 PM   #2
PetahW

Will they fit a metallic-cartridge NAA Mini frame, and will a rimfire NAA Mini hammer fire those ?

I was always under the impression the BP cylinders weren't interchangeable with metallic cylinders.

Old May 21, 2010, 07:09 PM   #3
robhof

robhof

They definitely are not interchangeable as the Companion was made strictly for the b/p cylinders. That was a steal for those cylinders; do they have any more, they're considerably more from NAA.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:58 AM   #4
andrewstorm

n a a cylinders

I dont think they do,as i said i wanted all they had,they are fun ,u can load 2 gr bullseye an get 1200 fps ,goes right thru a phone book,good fer rats n snakes,rabbits ect.elmer kieth woulda liked these little muzzeloaders
Old May 28, 2010, 04:53 AM   #5
robhof

robhof

I was about to sell mine til I read about using Bullseye and it became an all new experience. I had tried ffff Goex and pyrodex and even triple7 in 3f, the triple 7 was better than the rest, but still below 22lr with my Mag Companion. Put 1.9 of B eye and suddenly it was a true mag. Now all I got to do is work out aiming, as it's nowhere near where it was shooting with the black.
Old May 30, 2010, 11:21 AM   #6
andrewstorm

companion

Mine bent the cylinder pin when firing compressed loads of 777,and now it seems to bend with heavy loads,I have a new pin ,have you experienced the same? it shoots all over the place ,u can only hit a bear size target at 10 paces (kodiak bear)