The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 27, 2013, 09:25 AM   #1
jspappap

In Memory of all who gave their All

I just wanted to thank all of you Veterans who have made it possible for me to lead the life I live and love. I also want to remind everyone else to kiss a Veteran today and say a Prayer for those who gave their All to protect us ALL. Do not let the Government take away our rights to own and bear arms. Nuff Said
Old May 27, 2013, 10:42 AM   #2
DoubleDeuce 1

Ditto
Old May 27, 2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Roshi

Amen
Old May 27, 2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Rigmarol

Absolutely.
My Son (3 tours in Iraq - US Army) still can't get used to me referring to him as my Hero.

Thanks to all who served. Respect and remembrance to those who gave all.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:02 PM   #5
zxcvbob

Your heart is in the right place, but there are 364 days a year to thank a veteran for his or her service. Memorial Day is not one of them. Memorial Day is for remembering the dead.

Buy him a beer and let him tell you stories about the buddy he lost.

Sorry to be a downer. Memorial Day is not Veterans' Day nor Armed Forces Day, those come later in the year. (At least conflating them isn't as bad as thinking Memorial Day just means a 3-day mattress sale extravaganza)

Last edited by zxcvbob; May 27, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old May 27, 2013, 02:13 PM   #6
BirchOrr

Like!
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...
Old May 27, 2013, 04:39 PM   #7
bedbugbilly

An excellent post . . . one which should remind us all that what we have, didn't come for free. Let's all take a few minutes to say a prayer for those who paid the ultimate price for the rest of us . . . and while you're at it, say a prayer for those still in harm's way and their families. And even though this is a special day for those that paid the ultimate price . . . remember the Vets as well. Many will pay a price the rest of their lives for what they had to experience.

Duane . . . may you know the eternal peace you so greatly deserve . . . you are in the thoughts and prayers of many and we will not forget. "Rest weary soldier . . . thou weary march is over". (KIA 7/3/1969)
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old May 27, 2013, 09:39 PM   #8
vytoland

Memorial Day....for ALL those in the forces, who never made it back.

may ALL the rest come home soon and forever..