The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 15, 2004, 05:47 PM   #1
Drifter721

Scottsdale gun Center - Beware!

It was two aggravating weeks of being told repeatedly "your gun has shipped, it should arrive any day now," and being given a bogus FedEx Overnight tracking number by Steve Bond himself, owner of Scottsdale Gun Center. I finally got my money back! It took the intervention of the Scottsdale Police and the Phoenix ATF to do it though!
The police and ATF got Steve to admit that he never did ship a gun to my dealer! He was lying to me and my dealer all along. He had used my money for six months. Steve didn't make one iota of effort to explain, level man to man, or try and rectify the situation. He even lied to the police, saying it was some "new employee's" mistake. Nonsense, I dealt with Steve and his manager Matt through the whole ordeal.

Scottsdale Gun center will be hearing further from the ATF, The Federal Trade Commissioner, the Arizona Attorney General's Office, the US Postal Inspector, The US Department of Justice Internet Fraud Department, Citibank Visa, and the Phoenix Better Business Bureau.

I'm generally easy to deal, even when there are problems. Lying to me, being rude, and avoiding me doesn't fly!

Let this be a head's-up warning to other firearm enthusiast and collectors.

More details upon email request, or,
Scottsdale Police case # 101204-228
Old October 15, 2004, 06:34 PM   #2
Powderman

Ow!

Good on ya for getting the proper authorities involved and getting the straight skinny.

Did you get your money back?
Old October 16, 2004, 10:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderman
Did you get your money back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter721
I finally got my money back!

Gald to hear things finally worked out for you. Are you going to charge him interst for the time he had your money?
Old October 16, 2004, 10:44 AM   #4
Drifter721

I got my money back, thanks to the Scottsdale Police, and have already reordered another S&W 500 revolver from another dealer.

I waited six months for the SGC revolver, no big deal. I could have waited another six months easily, if necessary. But, by gosh, if you repeatedly tell me you "shipped" a revolver, and give me a FedEx tracking number, and keep telling me "it's in the mail!" I'm going to expect a revolver on the other end, and wonder why it never arrives!

SGC is playing some sort of game, at the customer's expense. Problem with that is, I didn't want a revolver lost in the mail that was associated with my name, and that's how the police got involved in the first place. When asked, Steve told the police he "NEVER DID SHIP A REVOLVER!"

There's vomit in those petunias!
Old October 31, 2004, 08:54 PM   #5
steveno

this place sure got bragged up in the latest issue of "Guns & Ammo". the writer probably got a free membership or something
Old November 1, 2004, 10:09 AM   #6
Yeti Man

And.....

Are you talking about the Scottsdale Gun Club?, or the Scottsdale Gun Store, on Scottsdale Road and Oak Street in Scottsdale, AZ ?

Yeti Man
Old November 1, 2004, 11:13 AM   #7
Drifter721

My less-than-fun experience was with Scottsdale Gun Center, 2515 N. Scottsdale Road #9, Scottsdale, AZ. I dealt with the owner Steve Bond, and and his manager Matt.

Reports are on file with:

The Scottsdale Police Department
The Arizona Attorney General's office
The IFCC (FBI)
The ATF office in Phoenix
The Federal Trade Commission
The USPS Postal Inspector
The Better Business Bureau, Phoenix chapter
Old December 19, 2004, 04:11 PM   #8
scollen

Similar rip off by SGC

I paid $2000 for 4 glocks - and got no guns and no refund. Lots of phone calls with steve bond and all with zero result

Sounds like I should call the PD as my next step

[email protected]
Old December 19, 2004, 07:04 PM   #9
Doerdie

Scottsdale Gun Center (SGC Firearms)
Address:
2515 North Scottsdale Rd. #9
Scottsdale Arizona 85257
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
480-874-1383

Check this link for more on them:

http://ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff122439.htm

Seems like this is just their way of doing buisness .
Old December 20, 2004, 12:55 PM   #10
gary c coffey

appreciation

I do appreciate the feedback that others provide for the rest of us gun lovers. It often encourages me to do business with certain agents/companies, but it also lets me know who to stay away from. Thanks for the heads up on this
Old December 22, 2004, 12:46 AM   #11
Brad-Man

Anyone else noticed that their listings at GunsAmerica are no longer there?
Old December 24, 2004, 05:38 PM   #12
scollen

SGC Fraud follow up

The ads are no longer on GA because GA was made aware of their game and the "new" company name they were posting under. Originally they advertized as A2Z then SGC.

I have now also started a case with Scottsdale PD to recover $1947. My case number (logged with Officer Bailey) is 04-35102.

The case is going to the Scottsdale Detectives office. Let me know if anyone else has experienced similar problems and if you have you should also contact Scottsdale PD.

Let's stop SGC and Steve Bond from continuing his racket.
Old January 27, 2005, 04:44 PM   #13
Drifter721

Anyone heard any updates on these guys?

Last I heard from the Scottdale police is that they were "inundated" with phone call complaints once gunsamerica.com alerted it's users of the multiple fraud complaints against SGC Firearms, AKA Scottdale Gun Center, 2515 N. Scottdale Road #9, Scottsdale, AZ.

I see they are still advertising on the Internet at unlimitedfirearms.com

Can't see how the Arizona Attorney General would permit them to keep their doors open, or their FFL license with so many complaints.

There are more consumer complaints at:

http://w3.ripoffreport.com/results.a...&submit=Search