The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 12, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Old Iron

Remington mainsprings

A dear friend has offered to "give" my daughter a Remington Model 1875, it's in good shape except it needs a new mainspring.

I have a couple of spare 1858 Remington mainsprings,... and I'm wondering if one of the 1858 mainsprings will work in the 1875?

If not,... where is a good place to get a proper mainspring for the 1875?
Old August 12, 2013, 11:15 PM   #2
swathdiver

Is it real or a reproduction? If real, I would give Dixie Gun Works a call. If not, VTI, Taylors or Deer Creek depending on who made it.

I do not know if your NMA spring will fit as the grip shape is different. Why not pull the grips and see?
Old August 13, 2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Old Iron

Thanks swathdiver,... I haven't seen the 1875 yet as it's still in a neighboring state.
I'm sure it's probably a replica though, more than likely a Uberti.

I checked with VTI, and a new Uberti mainspring is only $8.25,... so I think I'll order one of those, once I have the 1875 "in hand" and I can actually see what it is.