The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 29, 2010, 06:26 PM   #1
John Nedrob

What about the "Armed Response" DVD series?

I've been shooting for several years now, but I've had no tactical instruction. At the moment I can't easily afford it, so I'm checking out books and videos on the subject instead.

I've seen a number of very positive comments, both on this forum and elsewhere, about the book Armed Response by David Kenik. More recently he came out with an Armed Response video series on DVD. Have any of you seen these, and what is your opinion of them? Are there other instructional videos you would recommend?
Old October 29, 2010, 10:43 PM   #2
Big Bill

Are these people the ones you're talking about...

Pop up Targets bad for Self-Defense Shooter

ArmedResponseTrainng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlq7a...layer_embedded
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time." - General George Patton Jr
Old October 29, 2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Gary L. Griffiths

Mr. Kenick sent me a copy of his DVDs to review. I haven't had time to thoroughly review all of them, but what I've seen has been spot on, and largely reflects what I teach law enforcement and armed security officers. I would quibble over a couple of details, but they are very, very good, IMHO.
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)
Old October 30, 2010, 12:05 PM   #4
John Nedrob

Thanks, Gary.

Yeah, Big Bill, those are the ones. I've seen a few excerpts on YouTube as well as on their own site, and I have to say that I'm impressed. Being new at this, though, I do appreciate comments from people with more experience.

Tags
armed response , david kenik , instruction , training