The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 15, 2007, 10:52 PM   #1
pfgrone

Deadly Force video

In the thread on Concerns about Carry, a video called Deadly Force was recommended. Is this the video? If not, can the recommender provide a link or more detailed info than just the video name?

Deady Force DVD
This 1 hour and 40 minute video was created to provide responsible gun owners with the legal and moral issues which must be considered before using deadly force in self defense. DVD
$ 29.95

URL for the video I found was:

http://www.projectile.com/DeadlyForce.htm

Thanks, Paul G
Old April 16, 2007, 02:35 AM   #2
Hkmp5sd

That's the video. I have it. It's been out about 20 years and is one of a series that started with Deadly Weapons (about caliber vs. damage (not real scientific)), Deadly Effects (about wound ballistics (not too bad)) and ended with Deadly Force. There are no famous actors in it. It deals with the issue of when deadly force is authorized, it shows some scenarios with different endings and also has some interviews with criminals about their fear of confronting armed citizens.

Overall it is not a bad video. As with anything dealing with the law, remember that your local laws can be different than those voiced in the video. I used to show it to folks as part of their Florida CCW training course when teaching the class.

NRA Life Member