The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 3, 2006, 08:03 PM   #1
kart racer

results from kart ez fit

A moderator on another forum,which some people have claimed couldn't fit any parts on his best day,put a kart ez fit barrel and did some tightening here and there resulted in this

I'm not much of pistol shot,but with some trigger work it'll be awesome.The trigger's stock.That's 14 rounds at 15 yds.It's my first experience w/kart and the product seems excellent.
Old April 4, 2006, 07:51 PM   #2
Harry Bonar

Kart

Shooter!
That's an awsome group! I don't think you need any trigger work - one hole suits me!
That Kart "easy-fit" sure did the trick - I guess your pistol was made for that Kart - I like them, not easy-fit but the target custom fit - but your's sure worked out - good job.
Harry B.
Old April 4, 2006, 08:09 PM   #3
Tim R

Kart, I had very simular results with the Kart "easy fit" with my Caspian build. A couple of weeks ago I let a guy who holds a couple of National records in international pistol shooting give the Caspian a try. At 25 yards he put 5 of 7 through the same hole first time he ever shot the pistol.

One of these days I'm going to put it on a ransom rest just to see.
Old April 4, 2006, 09:16 PM   #4
kart racer

Thanks,it was an old beater norinco it went in.Kinda got a sleeper now.The trigger pull is at least 5lbs,some of the groups with some of my reloads weren't quite as good.
Old April 6, 2006, 04:21 PM   #5
RickB

The first mag I shot through my .45, after installing an ez-fit, was a six-shot, 15yd cloverleaf, and after seeing that, decided to not shoot the seventh round and risk ruining it.
Old April 6, 2006, 08:59 PM   #6
Harry Bonar

kart bbl

Dear Shooter:
Iused to work for Novaks 45 shop with my late son Joe Bonar.
I liked the Norincos! The only thing was they were very hard - in cutting the front sight (ovetail) we sometimes had to anneal the front of slide to a grey color - then they cut great.
I notice this problem with Chinese tools, guns, everything made with alloy or high carbon steels. They're great guns though and I'm sure glad yours worked out with the drop-in Kart. I've never put one in - I've always used the fit jobs but with these reports I'm re-thinking about Kart "drop-ins."
I'm glad you're having such good luck - I also like the Charles Daley and Rock Island Armory!
Of course, to most of us we either want a Colt or Springfield Armory (my choice) or a Kimber - best out of the box.
Harry B.
Old April 9, 2006, 06:13 PM   #7
Tim R

Harry,

Forgive me if I misread your post, but let me tell you the EZ fit Kart barrels are any thing but EZ fit and do not drop right in. If anyone decides to install one, though, I would suggest they also get the $40.00 installation kit. The kit comes with a niffty little file that is worth the $40.00 when you figure what else it will do.