The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 10, 2002, 11:25 AM   #1
Tom B

Gunbroker Buyer Beware

Sent seller JimMBSA A MO for a Glock 17 Hi Cap Mag and he never sent mag. His name is Jim Murphy PO Box 1515 St. Albans VT 05478.
Old June 18, 2002, 10:29 PM   #2
UK2TX

Hello Tom B,

Didn't you post this under this thread http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...threadid=82330 on 09/26/2001?

FWIW even if you did, it's a great reminder!

Regards,

UK2TX
Old July 17, 2002, 06:49 AM   #3
Tom B

Yes I did and I will continue to post it every three months until I get my mag or my money returned.
Old July 17, 2002, 08:21 PM   #4
vetts1911

PO Box

I know a few companies use PO Boxes but, on the individual note I would beware of this. I got ripped off from a suite for $300 and that hurt me real bad. I wish you all the luck in getting your money back.

Did you file for postal fraud?

Chris
Old July 17, 2002, 08:43 PM   #5
CheapSeats

This is why I refuse to shop for gun stuff online at those auctions. There's just too much room for AH's to shaft you.

I don't have any problem with places like Natchez, Midway, MidSouth, Sinclair, etc...but those are different.

I've been shopping online for a long time. You just need to be particular about where you shop.

I may not agree with this person in entirety, particularly in the political party realm. But I have seen a lot of truth on these pages regarding the 2nd Ammendment:

http://www.stentorian.com/2ndamend/

The 2nd Ammendment of the U.S. Constitution is to keep the government in line...not the citizenry.

Who ever came to the dangerous conclusion that the government(s) had the right to interpret it FOR us?

Ever heard of the wolf guarding the henhouse? I know what! (ludicrous thought) Let's allow the wolf to determine for us how many chickens is normal to "lose" each night.

I am sure that the wolf will help us to save our chickens.
Old July 19, 2002, 03:03 PM   #6
nvrquit

A thought on your post....

Tom B,

Have you looked into the possible actions that may be open via USPS?

I ask this, as were I in the same situation and the seller in question had used a P.O. Box as the drop, then he may also open himself/herself to a possible postal fraud charge. I don't have the background to be sure about this, but I'd check into it as just another possible avenue to persue.
Old July 22, 2002, 12:03 AM   #7
theberettaman

It doesn't matter if it goes to a postal box or to an address,anytime you use the mails and are ripped off it's mail fraud.
Old July 23, 2002, 05:38 AM   #8
Tom B

The seller stated that the mag was lost in the mail. I contacted the Post Office and they stated that the sender must file a lost mail claim. I stayed in contact with the seller and he told me that he was working with the Post Office to get a refund for me. That was a lie as he was only stringing me along until the time period for posting feedback on him at gunbroker had expired. He will never auction anything else on gunbroker under that name, however, because I will always be the highest bidder. You know how the rest of that story will turn out.
Old January 15, 2005, 07:01 AM   #9
abelew

Postal Fraud. Any time I send money, I never will send to PO Box, unless its a company. I always send it certified and insured, so that I have proof he got the money, and print a copy of the auction, and any e-mails associated with the deal. That way, all I have to do is waltz into the local post office and file charges. It makes my arguement that much stronger, and I might get my money back from the post office, as it was insured (not sure about that part).