The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 2, 2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Bill Akins

New "Bumpski" bumpfire stock for the AK47/AK74/Saiga12 debuted today

I usually hang out in the black powder forum here. But lately I haven't had time to post much there due to being swamped in projects.

This bumpfire stock from Fostech Outdoors LLC fits all three of the AK47, the AK74 and the Saiga shotguns. It is made from anodized aluminum and is very quality made. It just debuted today and they are taking orders.

Fostech did this the right and legal way. My bumpfire patent is now an asset of the Fostech Outdoors corporation.

Check out the pictures
and videos of the "Bumpski" here, and remember, it fits the AK47, Ak74 and the Saiga shotguns.....

http://fostechoutdoors.com/cgi-bin/p...r-llc&pc=13781

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; January 2, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old January 3, 2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Sturmgewehre

Very interesting.
Old January 3, 2012, 04:29 AM   #3
dascottsman

Gonna have to call these pilgrims with a few questions...... Interesting......
Old January 3, 2012, 07:25 AM   #4
Logs

Looks cool, pretty expensive.
Old January 3, 2012, 07:58 AM   #5
Nowhere Man

$450??

Dave
Old January 3, 2012, 09:41 AM   #6
Sturmgewehre

It would seem that Mr. Akins holds a patent on the bump fire stock design that I wasn't aware of until this morning which he has transferred to the creators of the Bumpski stock.

http://www.patentgenius.com/image/6101918-9.html

Last edited by Sturmgewehre; January 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old January 4, 2012, 04:25 AM   #7
dascottsman

Good eye. So what is the difference in the Bumpski staock and the original bump-fire design other that one is plastic, and one is metal??? Do they operate in the same way? When I did a youtube search on these stocks, I came up with a couple of different folks putting out variations.......
Old January 5, 2012, 01:45 AM   #8
Bill Akins

Here's the latest new video Fostech has uploaded at their website of the "Bumpski" AK47/AK74/Saiga shotguns, bumpfiring stock firing.
Fostech flew me up to Indiana when we worked out our agreement and I'm in this video firing it too from that visit.

http://fostechoutdoors.com/cgi-bin/p...ch-outdoor-llc

You might also want to read this blog from the Military Arms Channel about Slide Fire Solutions, Fostech, and who owns my patent and who has the right to legally produce a bumpfire stock based on my patent. Please don't ask me any legal questions here about who has what patent rights to do what. That is a legal question that will have to be addressed. (Fostech's video is down at that blog since it had been changed so that blogs link to it no longer works)

http://www.militaryarms.blogspot.com...tock-wars.html

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".
Old January 11, 2012, 05:34 AM   #9
Bill Akins

Got a little more info here for y'all.....

Fostech Outdoors will soon have adapters available for their "Bumpski" bumpFire stocks to fit a variety of other rifles such as the AR15, SKS, mini 14, ect.
These adapter bars will allow the bottom half of the BUMPSKI to slide off and will slide back into the other commonly owned semi-automatic rifles and shotguns that you have purchased the adapter bars for. No longer do you have to purchase the entire stock just to have it on more than one rifle.
See more details on the currently selling Bumpski BumpFire stock and info on the upcoming different adapters at the Fostech Outdoors website below…...

http://fostechoutdoors.com/cgi-bin/p...r-llc&pc=13781

The Ruger 10/22 Akins Accelerator bump fire stock (albeit springless version 2) is very soon going to be available again.

Very soon Fostech Outdoors will also be marketing the Springless AA2 (Akins Accelerator 2) stock which is a springless, isometric, redesign/retrofit of my old Akins Accelerator stocks for the .22 long rifle cartridge Ruger 10/22 rifle. Fostech will also be offering my perforated barrel shroud design as an accessory for the AA2. Look for that in the near future. I have been in discussions with Fostech trying to work out the possibility that former Akins Accelerator stock owners could send in their stocks to have them retrofitted to work isometrically for a small fee. Look for a limited amount of these version 2 AA's to be available in several weeks. More will be available in the future as they get retrofitted. Judd in marketing and sales at Fostech will take advance orders for them even though they are not yet advertised on the Fostech website. Give him a call if interested in ordering. I don't know myself yet what their price will be.

Old January 12, 2012, 06:48 AM   #10
Bill Akins

I spoke with Judd, the marketing and sales director of Fostech Outdoors last evening. He told me the AA2 (springless Akins Accelerator version 2) retro-fitted springless bumpfire stock for the Ruger 10/22 is available for orders. They are not yet advertised on the Fostech website but will be up there next week with full pictures and videos.

Old January 12, 2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Redhed

What is the pricing on the .22 version?
Old January 26, 2012, 05:18 AM   #12
Bill Akins

Just returned home yesterday from the Shot Show in Las Vegas. Yet to come are lots of pics and videos of the Bumpski and AA2 bumpfire stocks in operation taken at the range in Vegas.

Here one video of the spring-less AA2 (Akins Accelerator version 2) bumpfire stock in operation up now (not the Vegas Shot Show videos, those are forthcoming later). It is operated solely by human isometric muscle tension.
This video says it all......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxCX3UtqnJQ

Here's a peek at an accessory yet to come. A stationary, perforated barrel shroud that the barrel reciprocates back and forth in while the sights remain stationary on the shroud. These pics were taken back in 2006 right after I designed, built and tested the shroud for the first time on an original Akins Accelerator stock of mine. But the shroud will also fit the new springless AA2, giving it that PPSH look or more correctly Italian Beretta sub gun from WW2 look. Have yet to test it with a drum mag. Not in production yet but coming.

Another peek of a not yet available 3rd prototype design of mine for a mini MG dress up kit for the Ruger 10/22 that utilizes crank fire operation. No pics yet of my mini thimble thumb crank between the spade grips that will allow you to literally twiddle your thumbs to crank fire it while both your hands remain on the grips. I designed it to be convertible in seconds from a truly water cooled version to a perforated shroud air cooled version and also to fit onto any camera tripod. Can be adapted to fit MG tripods too. When GSG gets their 110 rd drum mags finally imported to the U.S., it will be even more fun to shoot than with 50 rounders and will really justify the water cooled version. This 3rd prototype is about finished but will still be a little while until available.

Last edited by Bill Akins; January 26, 2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old January 26, 2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Wyoredman

$450!!!!! ?????
Old February 21, 2012, 07:25 AM   #14
Bill Akins

Check out this below video link that shows part of the Bumpski stock being CNC machined out......

Sports pictures | Team images, football photos and sports pictures

Pics of finished stock......

Fostech Outdoors quality made as you can see from the video and pics, at a small fraction of what full auto costs. Soon to have adapter bars for the AR15, SKS and mini 14 with other models to follow. The current bar already fits the AK47, AK74 and Saiga 12 gauge. The AA2 stock fits the Ruger 10/22.

Last edited by Bill Akins; February 21, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old February 27, 2012, 05:48 PM   #15
The Deuce

The Bumpski would become THE ULTIMATE in bump fire stocks if it came with a HOGUE rubberized Grip in my honest opinion!! So if it was built with that or had the option of adding one to the stock system I would instantly sell it at My Firearms and Accessories Shop. Everyone is all hyped up on the SSAK-47™ XRS and thats all that is sold... but I personally like this system!! Just wish someone would add that comfortable grip to it.. Geez I couldnt even fathom how much they would sell at My place.
Old February 28, 2012, 02:22 AM   #16
Bill Akins

Deuce, you'll be glad to hear that the Bumpski pistol grip is able to be changed out to any grip that will fit an AK. So you do have that option of putting that HOGUE rubberized grip on it that you like. Give Judd at Fostech Outdoors a call and he can set you up with Bumpski's for your shop.

Old February 28, 2012, 09:50 AM   #17
Redhed

I think the US PALM AK grip would look good. Options are nice.