The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 3, 2014, 08:28 AM   #1
pntr815

Larger caliber brass

Hello all....I'm brand new. Quick question...does anyone have any UNprimered or used .50 caliber or slightly larger brass floating around? I live in Philadelphia and I'm using it for a project and NO........it's not some anti-gun BS. I own several guns myself. Something like a spent .45 ACP or .454 Casull might also work. Here's the thing...I only need 20 of the things and I can't find anyone willing to sell me such a meager amount. What I'm doing is drilling a .25 hole in the center where the primer would be and I'm trying to preserve the writing on the bottom of the empty casing. As such the casing should be larger than .500 at the bottom. They don't have to be pristine because I'll be cutting down the length significantly as well. Sooooooo..........who's got one handful o' brass they're willing to toss in an envelope and send me???? Thanks very much.
Old August 3, 2014, 08:47 AM   #2
lamarw

Check GunBroker. Do an advance search, type in caliber brass you desire and then go to reloading. There is often small orders listed. Good luck.
Old August 3, 2014, 09:35 AM   #3
chiefr

Sounds like a drive by to me
Old August 3, 2014, 09:47 AM   #4
g.willikers

Just go to the nearest local outdoor range and see if they allow brass scrounging.
If so, it shouldn't take very long to get what you need.
Even if they don't allow it, after explaining what you want the brass for, they will probably give it to you, anyways.