The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 27, 2008, 12:37 PM   #26
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Mopping the floor with a mixture of ammonia and bleach (tiny amounts it is very poisonous to inhale the fumes) will get everybody out. I do not advise this....
Absolutely, positively do NOT try this!!! Every year, there are recorded fatalities from people doing this! The effect is instant and violent, and only a few minutes exposure is sufficient to kill.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old January 27, 2008, 12:44 PM   #27
Perldog007

Good point, I should not have posted that even jokingly - but I have left a Denny's when that was done. Also knew a lady who expired while cleaning with that. She had been doing it for decades but it caught up with her.

Individuals vary in sensivity. It does not take much.

Still I think the OP's best bet is to have the weapon as handy as possible when doing the count, especially given the layout. When I was a bank Guard in D.C. the afternoon saw a lobby closing for counting, putting money in and taking money out of the Vault. Always answered the door with gun in hand during that time, with the support of the less than pro-gun management.
Old January 27, 2008, 12:52 PM   #28
Derius_T

As I said before, why not discuss it with the owner that you think this is a problem and get all the people out? Any place i managed where the count, credit receipts, POS, ect had to be done at night, once business was done, then I made absolutely sure all customers were gone. Then I did a physical walk-thru and checked all the doors, made sure everything was secure, ect, then and only then did the till or safe come open.

Its literally ASKING to be robbed to get wads of money out in front of people. All one of them has to do is tell one of their buddies, "Hey, this guy always has loads of money, and gets it out when you can see it...."

Not a pretty picture.