The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 3, 2000, 07:29 AM   #1
vince weng

I am going to replace my cycl bore barrel to be a screw-in barrel (I can use different chokes to fit my need) for my Rem 870. Do you know any good resources? I checked rem catalog, they have rem choke barrel. What does it mean? It patterns like complete, full or whatelse?
Old August 3, 2000, 07:53 AM   #2
HukeOKC

I think www.cheaperthandirt.com has them for a decent price. I just don't like their shipping charges. They are high IMO.
Old August 3, 2000, 07:55 AM   #3
HukeOKC

They must be having problems this morning caus eI just went there and the page didn't load. You might try a little later.
Old August 3, 2000, 09:33 AM   #4
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

If your local shop doesn't have one at a reasonable price, try Cabela's. However, I recommend using local shops first.
Old August 3, 2000, 09:34 AM   #5
Robe

Vince Weng- you may be misleading people by asking for a "screw in" barrel. What you want is a barrel that has the "Remchoke" feature which is what Remington calls thier chokes that screw into the end of the barrel. Remchoke is a general term and does not refer to what the actual choke is. There are several afermarket sources. Barrels are available from mail order places like Cabela's and Brownell's.
Old August 3, 2000, 10:12 AM   #6
vince weng

thanks, I don't mean to mislead people because I don't understand remchoke is not a choke.