The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

View Poll Results: What Do You Feel Should Be Done With Conspiracy Threads?
Lock them, but leave in public view. 53 53.00%
Delete them from the forum 47 47.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old March 1, 2009, 11:40 PM   #76
kirpi97

Okay, you win. I have my tin foil hat on, two uncoiled metal coat hangers for my antennae, and a kazoo to signal the mother ship. All I need now are the flashing lights. And those cute men in the funny white coats.
Old March 2, 2009, 11:14 PM   #77
computerguysd

I've haven't been as active on the board lately as I probably should be, but still consider this one of my main forums. That said, I would have voted to delete them, because I don't want to see the board tainted by anything that lessens our credibility as responsible gun owners. The anti gunners are LIARS and regularly twist reports from the MSM to their liking. If TFL is presented as a conspiracy board and we have plenty of threads that give credence to the claim, we lose ground.

The anti gunners will use and abuse any source they find to promote their cause. Observe the following quote from the anti gunners, the reference in USA Today that's SLIGHTly more accurate and then the following links for further details of "James Ramsey", the "money quote" they all use regarding the sale of fully automatic weapons at gun shows (the GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE).

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence & Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a
James Ramey, a gun show vendor from Texas, has described how gang members purchase firearms at gun shows in border cities: “They send over a scout on Saturday to see if there’s anything they want, then they show up on Sunday with a big wad of money and somebody who’s got a clean record, who’s legal to buy.”

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...ico-arms_x.htm
James Ramey of Little Rock, works about 50 U.S. gun shows a year, selling $30 gadgets that turn any assault rifle into a machine gun. He explained how the Mexican gangs buy their weapons at weekend shows in border cities.

"They send over a scout on Saturday to see if there's anything they want," he said. "Then they show up on Sunday with a big wad of money and somebody who's got a clean record, who's legal to buy."

http://forum.freestateproject.org/in...c=13097.0;wap2
James Ramey of Little Rock, Ark., was selling Hellfire and Autoburst trigger activation devices, $30 gadgets that turn any assault rifle into a rat-a-tatting machine gun.

Ramey works about 50 gun shows a year. He explained how the Mexican gangs buy their weapons at weekend shows in border cities.
"They send over a scout on Saturday to see if there's anything they want," he said. "Then they show up on Sunday with a big wad of money and somebody who's got a clean record, who's legal to buy."
Old March 2, 2009, 11:46 PM   #78
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

The poll closed this morning, and I've forgotten to close the thread, until now.

The L&CR mods will take into consideration the poll and your responses in making our decision. Thank you all, who participated.
Closed Thread