The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 1, 2004, 09:07 AM   #26
easyG

I'm a radiographer at a local hospital and we often X-ray folks who have been shot but are still alive.

Usually they were wounded in an extremety or the lower torso by a single bullet (often they claim it was accidentally self-inflicted).

VERY seldom do we X-ray a LIVE patient with more than one bullet in them.
If they have been shot several times, we usually get our images in the morgue.

And, despite the one or two odd cases, headshots are usually fatal.

EasyG.
Old September 1, 2004, 03:40 PM   #27
Sleuth

I must differ with your statement, Jeff. There is one weapon that works 100% of the time. In the British Army it was a punishment called:
"Being shot from a gun"
The convict was tied over the muzzle of a cannon, which was then fired. As the cannonball pierced his body, there was an instant, 100% one shot stop.

So, I have given up my 1911, and taken to towing a muzleloading cannon behind me 24/7. This way, I am assured of a single hit being enough. It is just a bit hard to conceal, but I'm off to the market to buy a bigger tarp. I am developing more muscle mass.

Now in development - the titainium short barreled 6 pounder for 'concealed carry, ...er, drag".

Good heavens, what if there are two BG's? Oh my, I'll need a full battery of guns!

Edited to add: Jeff, you are trying to change a fundemental American system: All problems can be solved by changing the hardware (guns), not the software (training).