The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 18, 2013, 05:38 AM   #1
TAKtical

BullsEyeBo questionable transaction

I will start with the good part. I bought a WASR from Bo. I got a great deal, $650 which is about pre-panic price. He shipped extremely fast. The rifle arrived exactly as pictured. Now on to the disputable part. I asked if the rifle accepted standard doublestack mags, he replied that it did. Its an older WASR and the magwell had indeed been widened to accept doublestack mags but it was not done properly. It came with one mag and that mag worked fine but not one of the 22 other mags I have would fit in the rifle. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the magwell was out of spec and that the mag he shipped with the rifle had been filed in a couple different places so that it would fit the out of spec magwell. I will post a pic at the end. The mag latch area was too small and that was one area where the mag had been filed so that it would seat properly. Each corner of the magwell needed filed and two nubs at the rear of the magwell needed filed off and the mag latch area also needed filed so that regular non filed mags would fit. I DID NOT ASK FOR A REFUND although Im sure some of you would have. I have a lot of experience with older WASR's and other AK variants and I knew what needed to be done and I knew that it was within my means to do so. A few hours with a micro file later, I had the working rifle that I paid for. Im not trying to give Bo a bad rep here. He may not have known that the rifle had this issue. I got the impression that it had not been used in a very long time. Although when I questioned him about it, he did say that he had other mags that worked fine. Im just stating the facts here. I am now happy with the rifle. I bought it as a project gun and Im not really complaining, but Im putting this transaction out there so that you can judge for yourself if you want to buy something from Bo.

The filed mag is on the right in both pictures. I did not think to get a pic of the magwell before I started filing. I wasnt thinking about writing a review at the time.

Due to several differences of opinion with staff, I am choosing to no longer do business on this forum. Everyone that has a pending order will need to contact me via email at [email protected] Thanks,
-Tom&Tricia