The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 26, 2009, 10:16 PM   #1
ks_wayward_son

Buck 119 Special deal

Hey everybody, I just found what I thought looked like a pretty darn good buy on a Buck 119 Special...didn't have one so I jumped on it. Its on Amazon.com, and is being sold by Red Flare. Just do a search on amazon for the "Buck 119". Red Flare is selling them for brand new for 16.87 + 5.49 shipping...22.36 total...and it comes with the leather sheath, not nylon. Now, I wouldn't think this is a Chinese ripoff, because it has the same model number as all the others which are upwards of 50.00, and surely these models are USA made. I don't know...if it was Chinese, I guess I just took my chance.
Old October 27, 2009, 09:20 AM   #2
Daryl

Well, if it's a chinese knock-off, it's maybe still an ok knife for the price.

Can't buy much for $20 these days.

Let us know how it works out, but I do know the chinese are copying just about anything these days, and they know how to make it look pretty close.

Daryl
Old October 27, 2009, 11:36 AM   #3
GeauxTide

I bought a couple of China Bucks that were being closed out. I can tell you that they don't hold an edge in the same galaxy as my other 3 USA Bucks. If they are USA Bucks, he's giving them away.
Old October 27, 2009, 09:01 PM   #4
ks_wayward_son

Alas, GeauxTide, that is what I thought as well. However, it was NOT meant to be. Amazon emailed me saying that it was a mixup in pricing...man, I thought I was pulling a fast one. Guess they pulled the fast one on me!! Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying.
Old October 28, 2009, 10:21 AM   #5
UniversalFrost

yeah, all my bucks are USA made, i won't buy the china or taiwan ones. they just don't hold an edge like the USA ones.

my old 120 bucks are all usa made and can take care of a whole deer without resharpening it.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green