The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 12, 2000, 08:56 AM   #1
Handsome Jack Fuller

Can anyone tell me anything about the quality of replicas sold under the name, "Liberty Arms". A local dealer has a used Colt replica at a very good price but can tell me nothing about the company. The gun appears to be well built but I'm just getting into Cowboy Shooting and don't want to make a bad buy.
Handsome Jack Fuller
Old March 12, 2000, 09:47 AM   #2
Gunslinger

They're built (imported?) by KBI, inc., is as much as I know about them. You didn't say how much they were asking for the used example but dealer cost new is $209.50 with the blue/cc finish and brass BS/TG in .45 LC and barrel length of your choice.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.
Old March 12, 2000, 02:52 PM   #3
Gunslinger

I just got back from a gun show and was able to check out one of the Liberty single actions. It was zip tied so I could "feel" the action but fit and finsh were very nice in deed. The case color was extremely nice and the blue was pretty darn good. The grips were rather boring but fit well. (I have a "thing" for wood so it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to grips or stocks. ) Over all I'd say it looked pretty good, especialy considering the price.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.
Old March 13, 2000, 11:01 PM   #4
Ned Roundtree

Like you I have only seen them. They look great. But don't know anyone that shoots them is the problem.