The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 27, 2008, 09:23 PM   #1
wpcexpert

How bout a new thread section

I'm brain farting right now and can't think of a good word to call it.

Is there a reason there isn't a Muzzleloader section? I know there are folks that hunt with them and shoot them for fun. It may just be a burden on the system without a real great gain. But I think it would be an idea to entertain by the bosses. There's lots to share and I'm sure pleanty of questions to be asked. Just a thought.

Shawn
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old October 27, 2008, 09:41 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Our Muzzleloader forum is called Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting.
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old October 27, 2008, 10:10 PM   #3
wpcexpert

Sir, no disrespect intended to anyone, but...

Here is my exact reason why I don't post my questions in that furum.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=314203

Joking but not really.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old October 27, 2008, 10:26 PM   #4
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Here is my exact reason why I don't post my questions in that furum and my reasoning behind it.
I don't know a darn thing about black powder or muzzleloaders. I read that entire thread and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Please clarify your reason for not posting in our Black Powder forum. Also, please explain how having an additional forum would solve whatever problem it is that you see.

Thanks.
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old October 27, 2008, 10:44 PM   #5
wpcexpert

Sir, it's a black powder forum. Not necessarily a "modern" muzzleloader furum. Most of these guys are dealing with old cowboy guns and whatnot. Black powder doesn't necessarily mean muzzleloader. I've looked thru a few pages and found very little threads about modern muzzleloading rifles.

The part I was refering to was in the OP, and the like...
Quote:
but a fella at work is trying to get his TC Omega to shoot,, and he is using power belt bullets and pellets,,,,what ever that means,,,now i have looked at these and they look like copper jacket bullets,,,,and the pellets,,what the hell is that????
But I already see I'm way off base here. It was just a thought, but I now understand that it was a bad idea. I guess the "Art of the Rifle" furum could do the same thing. I'll drop the issue.

Thanks,
Shawn
- Thomas Jefferson