The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 28, 2005, 11:10 PM   #26
Sweatnbullets

Thanks for the responses guys. I have a few more certificates left for those that are interested. I got my first two courses at Frontsight for free (one day sub-machine gun and two day defensive handgun) and that has led me on a training journey that has really been an excellent experience.

If you are looking for a kick start....here it is. If you are already skilled....Frontsight will improve those skills.

Four days of training for $100, I will pick up the paypal and mailing expense.

For those that have already jumped at it....have a great time.....I know you will.
Old December 29, 2005, 02:04 AM   #27
georgebarr

I just purchased a $1200 certificate from:
http://www.frontsight.com/pages/emailmembership.asp

This allows me to take the 2 or 4 day Front Sight class for handgun, rifle, shotgun, uzi, and M16 for as many times I want for as long as I want. I must pay for the ammo though. This offer ends 12/31/05.
Old December 29, 2005, 07:17 PM   #28
Mannlicher

I am still pretty much a skeptic about some of these so called 'gun schools'. Most seem to be more into tooting their own horn, and trying to sell stuff, than they are into teaching shooting skills.
I have been carrying a gun pretty much daily for near 45 years now. I shoot quite a bit at the range, and I hunt. I practice, read, and practice some more. I have worked with some really experienced guys, both military and LE.
I'm not saying that I could not learn more, I am sure I could. However, I have not 'shot myself' yet either.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old December 31, 2005, 02:20 AM   #29
gordo b.

I'm totally with Mannlicher in THIS case!
Old January 1, 2006, 12:04 AM   #30
Desertscout1

There is a level of competence that we call "intentionally incompetent". The term is used to describe those that "know everything that there is to know" and are unwilling or incapable of accepting that there may be others on the planet that could teach them something.
Those that have not been have no business being "skeptical".
Glocks are what you show your enemies.
Old January 1, 2006, 08:43 PM   #31
gordo b.

NRA junior smallbore regional champion 1962, with many subsequent NRA wins in rifle and pistol all calibers. Distinquished Marksman
ROTC east coast Army team 1963-64
US army AIT Expert in all weapons 1965
Yearly Military Qualifacations in .45 and .38 pistol 1969-1975
DEA firearms course 1976
Monterey County Sherrif's (reservist, so I could compete in LEO competitions ) 1979
American Pistol Institute 1979-1983 up to Intermediate courses in Pistol and Rifle under Col Cooper with Rnge masters Chuck Taylor and Clint Smith
IPSC practical rifle regional champ 1984
Ray Chapman's Starlight academy intermediate pistol tactical course 1985
John Satterwaite Shotgun seminar 1989
HALO training institue pistol seminars 1996-98
Yavapi Firearms Academy(Lewis Awerbuck) all his pistol and shotgun courses.1999-current
ITTS (Scott Reitz) Up thru 3b pistol and intermediate carbine &shotgun 2002-current.
Probably missed some but certainly not a candidate for an unteachable spirit as described.
What I don't like is the bunch at frontsite for mannlichers reasons, but too polite to say so!