The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 27, 2013, 08:56 PM   #51
cal10

My Sr22 has over 2000 rounds through it, I've had it for a month and I've had only 1 jam, and 5 ftf's but with each the second trigger pull cycled the round. I have used rem. win. and blazer bulk ammo and usually put 200-300 rounds through it per range visit. I heard about the slide catch release button wear problem and I always gently pullback on the slide and depress the release button and gently return the slide to forward position. this takes a little more time but I have no visible wear in that area or anywhere else on the slide. I also picked up a Stainless Steel guide rod to replace the factory plastic one for $15 from gcgpro.com w/shipping. It's accuracy is incredible for such a short barrel gun, the fixed barrel gives it a solid feel and the night sights are incredibly easy to see. I pull the mag spring button back (release tension on rounds) and tap the rounds to the back of the mag well and then gently retension the mag spring. This lines all the rounds uniformly at the back of the mag and I never have the second round jam issue or any for that matter. My one jam was from a round nose Blazer bulk round.
Old January 29, 2013, 12:22 AM   #52
MWorrell

Thanks for that feedback, especially the lead on the guide rod. I'm gonna order one.
Old January 29, 2013, 01:03 AM   #53
9mm

6000 rounds of 22lr is alot. 1000= $40.

6000 rounds = $240 ish, almost the gun price, not many people put that amount through. Good review!
Old February 26, 2013, 08:32 AM   #54
dakiwi13

hit 3k rounds

i've finally hit 3k rounds with my sr22. had a lot of ftf issues early on. but i polished the feed ramp w/a dremel tool and it made a huge difference. since then i've had a few ftf/fte due to it being dirty. upgraded my plastic guide rod to a solid stainless steel at about 1k rounds, and boy did that help w/consistency in my groupings. haven't had the gouging that the OP did, and keeping my fingers crossed
Old March 12, 2013, 10:04 PM   #55
Automender12345

SR22 Keyholing from first shot

I took my SR22 to the range and was disappointed from the first shot. The sights had to be adjusted all the way to the right to hit center target. An instructor there saw it and said all holes in the target were keyholed. He said there was something wrong with the crown. I took the gun home and found a burr round half the circumference of the barrel. If you dragged a dental pick up the inside of the barrel it would catch on the muzzle end. You could not even see the rifling at the muzzle on one side. Sent it back to Ruger and they replaced the barrel and range tested it with 50 rounds. The sent the target of the final ten and all were in a one inch group at 45 feet. Great for a short barrel. Not sure I should have ordered a S&W Model 41 because the SR22 gun is as good as I am. Everything is fixed in less than two weeks and I have a gun I know the accuracy.
Old March 13, 2013, 03:21 PM   #56
Venom1956

Apparently ill be getting the lilac lady for my next purchase. She's been waiting along time for a gun in a purple she likes.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug

Tags
ruger 22lr , ruger sr22 , sr22