The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Closed Thread

Old November 18, 2008, 01:28 PM   #26
IMTHDUKE

Here is my phone #....give me a call and I will explain it to you.

[phone number deleted]
Ed Brown Alpha Carry| Sig P238, P938, P232, 1911 C3 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Browning, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose | S&W|M&P C.O.R.E RMR Trijicon | Dan Wesson ECO
Old November 18, 2008, 01:30 PM   #27
rogertc1

OK

Last edited by rogertc1; November 20, 2008 at 04:17 AM.
Old November 18, 2008, 01:33 PM   #28
10-96

I could see where not everbody is familiar with the term "brass flow", and I think they call it by another name on the Land of the 6.8 forum where they did all sorts of crazy pressure tests. Don't think I've ever seen such an inclusive, exhaustive, and any other sort of "-sive" battery of tests.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old November 18, 2008, 01:34 PM   #29
IMTHDUKE

You took it wrong again....call me and that will work better.
Ed Brown Alpha Carry| Sig P238, P938, P232, 1911 C3 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Browning, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose | S&W|M&P C.O.R.E RMR Trijicon | Dan Wesson ECO
Old November 18, 2008, 03:06 PM   #30
rogertc1

OK

Last edited by rogertc1; November 20, 2008 at 04:18 AM.
Old November 18, 2008, 07:47 PM   #31
Mal H
Staff

Hey guys! Cool it with all the posturing and personal comments!

I have removed the phone numbers in this thread. Sounds like both of you need to use the ignore feature - it works just fine.

rogertc1 - IMTHDUKE reported what happened to his firearm. Why do you feel it necessary to tear it apart by attacking the semantics of his statement? Either you believe it or you don't, say so once and move on.
Old November 19, 2008, 04:08 PM   #32
bikerbill

Had perhaps a similar problem with a 617 I still own ... problem was the clearance was so tight between the forcing cone and cylinder that 10-20 rounds heated the gun enough to close the gap entirely, locking up the cylinder ... an $85 trip to the gunsmith to have the gap opened a tad --and for a trigger job -- gave me a fine SD weapon ... sure, it should have come from the factory perfect ... so should all the machines that don't -- lemon cars, for example ... if man can build it, man can screw it up ...
Old November 19, 2008, 09:46 PM   #33
tenusdad

I fear I will suffer the wrath of the Taurasites again from this post, but I just can't stop myself.

Yet another testimony to excellence of the these fine South Americans firearms. Anyone else that wants to waste their hard earned cash, please just send half the money you were going to spend on a Taurus to me in care of my Pesonal Recreation Fund; and just look at the money and trouble you will save.

Last edited by tenusdad; November 19, 2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added
Old November 19, 2008, 11:53 PM   #34
IMTHDUKE

tenusdad

Ye gota love this guy....I think Dennis Miller writes his descriptions. Ok, you ask for it....sending all my Tauruses to you...COD.
Old November 25, 2008, 10:13 AM   #35
Buzz1

Tauras mishap

i bought a tauras Judge 410- 45LC new and the very first shot. the barrel
blew off 30 yards with a 410 2 1/2" shell i am glad i did not shoot the 45Lc first!!!
Old November 25, 2008, 12:00 PM   #36
rogertc1

Welcome To Tfl Buzz1. You Going To Be More Than A 1 Time Poster Link Like Salcon?:d

?troll?

Last edited by rogertc1; November 25, 2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old November 25, 2008, 12:20 PM   #37
Smaug

Well rogertc, put yourself in this guy's shoes.

He buys this gun that was advertised as great. So versatile! It can shoot 410 shot AND 45 Colt! WOW! He's so happy he's got such a versatile gun, with a lifetime warranty to pick him up.

He finds a good shooting forum. (that would be us) Posts here to get some guidance.

We (WESHOOT2) relate our experience and give links and advice as to how he can find out more. Others (tenusdad) chime in and tell the poor guy that he bought a substandard gun. He's feeling really good about himself by now. Poor thing.

They probably both went back to their local fun shops and are on their mercy now. That, or the guns are on their way to Taurus, hoping for the best.

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't join up here until well after I had bought my first few guns. Luckily, I have a logical mind and took the good advice of my gun shop employees. I could well have made a mistake too.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
- Eric Hoffer
Old November 25, 2008, 01:35 PM   #38
rogertc1

I guess we are different I bought guns when the internet was just a government thing.
LOL...right Smaug.
Just a little curious ...assuming you own many Assault weapons? I can't seem to find ammo anywhere...any leads friend?

Last edited by rogertc1; November 25, 2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old November 25, 2008, 03:10 PM   #39
Lashlarue

I don't own a "Judge" but I am a member of Taurusarmed.net, and do own a 9mm PT24/7 Pro Ds. There is a complaint section dedicated to complaints, no complaints about the Judge, other than finding holsters to fit.And that bunch over there will complain about anything.On my model they complain about the difficulty in field stripping. The takedown pin is a bit tricky, but if I can do it, anyone can.Guns and Ammo named the Judge handgun of the year for this year.And the first iteration of the gun I own was handgun of the year in 2005.They do honor their lifetime warranty,and on average four weeks counting shipping time is about par for getting your repaired gun back.You call their 800 number and they send you a prepaid shipping label[no cost to you] and about four weeks later you have your gun back.I smell a troll! Taurus bought Beretta's factory in Brazil a few years back and along with the tooling got a number of Beretta's finest engineers and technicians.
Old November 25, 2008, 06:30 PM   #40
TheManHimself

Quote:
Yet another testimony to excellence of the these fine South Americans firearms.
So, because it's foreign-made, it must suck? That's why AKs are one of the most reliable firearms ever produced, I guess...
Old November 25, 2008, 07:03 PM   #41
LouPran

I have a very hard time believing Mr 1 and done.

Not that it could never happen ... but we're talking about a 1inafew100,1000 fluke IMO.
Old November 25, 2008, 09:04 PM   #42
shepherddogs

I don't want to change the subject but back to the alloy melting thing. I've never heard of such a thing. But I'm open minded. If it is a real phenomenon what do Taurus guns do to promote this that other brands don't? I'm the last person to defend Taurus but somebody please explain.
Old November 26, 2008, 09:28 AM   #43
Locoweed

LashLarue -- you can find holsters for the Judge at Simply Rugged in Wasilla, Alaska. Good quality, good price, quick turnaround. Sarah Palin's hometown.
Old November 26, 2008, 10:34 AM   #44
johnwilliamson062

I am interested in one of these. When your Dad gets it back repaired, contact me if he wants to get rid of it.
Old November 26, 2008, 10:58 AM   #45
Atticus Thraxx

Maybe theres a problem with this design or construction, I don't know. I do know that when you start trying to combine things into one product, they usually suck. Remember those combo TV/VCRs? Anyone ever had one last more then a year? How about that peanut butter and jelly that used to come in one container? Tasted like feet.
The Judge 1st came out I thought...hmmmm kinda neat, But I'll wait and see how they turn out. Glad I waited.

Looking for K98 bolt #5954 and K98 bolt #31942 for trade. DM me if you have a match. Prizes will be awarded!
Old November 26, 2008, 11:10 AM   #46
w_houle

I don't know much about these types of revolvers. I was contemplating buying either a one of these or a Thunder 5. The only thing that I don't know is what type of ammunition they use.
.410: Do they use slugs? What kind of shot?
.45 Colt: Can it handle copper jacketed bullets?
I think they head space off the rim; so can thay use .45 Schofield?
Old November 26, 2008, 04:10 PM   #47
salcon

Update

Just to update and clarify some questions raised in responses...

This was a brand new stainless steel Taurus Judge with a 4" barrel. The .410 shells were purchased from the dealer with the gun.

Yes, looks just like the Redhawk misfire, separated at the top of the barrel threading.

My Dad is fine and thinks lightning won't strike twice in the same place, so he's getting the gun replaced by Taurus through the dealer. We will see how that goes. I have heard this happened to another Judge. Don't know if that person has posted yet or not.

Thanks to all for your thoughts, humor, and helpful information.
Old November 26, 2008, 04:28 PM   #48
smee78

Hitach78,

"Their customer service is top notch!" Have you ever used Taurus's customer service??? It's a joke! Ya its great if you dont need you gun for the next month or three. All 3 of my/wife's Taurus revolvers had to go back to the factory for one problem or another, best thing I did was sell them off after I got them back!
Old November 26, 2008, 09:53 PM   #49
jahaiap

All the Taurus haters, especially the Judge haters are making me wonder if I wasted my money on my judge. I bought the ultra light model and I pick it up in a week. I hope i dont get a piece of junk. I know Taurus doesnt have the best reputation, but I didnt think it was this bad. This will be my second gun. My first is a Sig p228 stainless. I was going to get a Ruger GP100 and I still will but decided to buy the Taurus for a fun gun to shoot at the range.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:34 PM   #50
rogertc1

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-UltraLiteJudge.htm

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Sat...ging+The+Judge

Last edited by rogertc1; November 26, 2008 at 11:39 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
judge , problem , taurus