The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 15, 2005, 12:20 PM   #1
NightEyes

Shotgun-folding 5.56mm rifle

Saw a guns&ammo type magazine on a table while over in Iraq. One of the things it had in there was a 5.56MM M16 style rifle, that was colapsable. Now I don't mean as in colapsable buttstock.. I mean as in FULLY colapsable, it folded in half at the front takedown pin like a breach load shotgun, to the point the barell touched the buttstock and it was able to be locked that way. The front hand grips also were able to fold out into a functional Bipod.

Problem being I can't remember what the heck it was called, or who made it.

Has anyone heard about these? and if so anyone know if their durable enough for use? I'm soon to be getting out of the military and would like something simple. while I hate the M16's, and would rather target shoot a freaking SAW then have to qualify with a rifle again, I thought it would be an interesting weapon to have around for novelty purposes.
Old December 15, 2005, 12:29 PM   #2
mgdavis

Kel-Tec SU-16