The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 15, 2009, 03:33 PM   #1
traderdell

444-X Pistol Champ

Any opinions on this set up? http://www.ch4d.com/ , any users of this press? I'm just now considering reloading as an extension of my shooting hobby and exploring my options. I shoot casually and in an informal IDPA league at my gun club. Not a hugh number of rounds now but you never know where things lead. I really don't want a single stage but don't want to worry about all that goes on using a progressive. I shoot mostly 9mm and that is most likely the only caliber I will reload. I like the idea of this setup as I worry about the powder drop moving back and forth with a turret press.

Thanks,
Gregg
Old May 15, 2009, 04:32 PM   #2
dlb435

I had one of these and loved it. Almost as fast as a rotary progresive. Very strong and well built. I'm trying to find an other one.
Old May 15, 2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Tex S

Do you have to manually move the case from station to station when using this press?
Old May 15, 2009, 08:46 PM   #4
traderdell

from what I can find, yes the case movement is manual.

Gregg
Old May 16, 2009, 01:07 AM   #5
Tex S

I think it might be hard to get 200 rds. per hour if you have to move the cases through each station manually. Just a thought though... I don't know anything about this press.

I do have a Lee Classic Turret Press with auto index (not manual) and it will do about 200 rds. per hour if I'm moving quickly.

Maybe I'm just too slow