The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 22, 2009, 11:06 PM   #1
JJNA

CCW Training for Women in NoVA?

Does anyone know a good CCW training course for women in NoVA?

Also, does anyone/any company offer CCW acceptable training in NoVA WITHOUT range time?

The reason for this is that my wife is nursing a baby and does not want any lead exposure.
Old January 23, 2009, 12:17 AM   #2
troy_mclure

many ranges require lead free ammo, search for one of them.

or an out door range, with lead free ammo, and 1 on 1 instruction.

heres 1 that offers private instruction.
http://michael-lucas.org/instruction.aspx
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old January 23, 2009, 05:01 AM   #3
TDodge7

this place does a program for ccw in nova , you pay , watch the video , take a test , print out your results , go get your ccw .

http://www.concealed-carry.net/
Old January 23, 2009, 09:19 AM   #4
KLRANGL

That place teaches you just about nothing... If you arnt as familiar with firearms as some of us, I would highly recommend a longer, in person class.
I only took the concealed-carry.net class because of time constraints and because I know more about firearms than the average person. I never recommend it to friends.

In NOVA, you have both Blue Ridge Arsenal and the NRA range. Both, im sure, will accommodate a private lesson with lead free rounds...
Old January 23, 2009, 09:26 AM   #5
ZeSpectre

I would strongly recommend the NRA range. Call them and discuss the lead/baby concerns and I'm sure they will help you work something out.
Old January 24, 2009, 12:15 AM   #6
JJNA

Thank you. That online course is exactly what I am looking for -- for my wife's CCW requirement.

She will, one of these days, take a substantial training course, but she is fairly familiar with firearms and have been shooting for years. She just never took formal training courses, because in our previous state of residence there was no training requirement for CCP permit.

So, is the printed certificate from that online course/test really acceptable in the State of Virginia as fulfilling the training requirement?
Old January 24, 2009, 12:35 AM   #7
TDodge7

yes , one of my friends just used it , he filled out the form , got it notarized , took the test , printed out the results , took it to the courthouse . 30 some days later he got his ccw .
Old January 24, 2009, 08:00 PM   #8
novaDAK

Quote:
Also, does anyone/any company offer CCW acceptable training in NoVA WITHOUT range time?
Guns and Ammo Warehouse in Manassas offers the NRA "Firearms Safety in the Home" class, which is 3-4 hours with a break and no range time. Meets VA's CHP course requirements (a few family members already got their permits using the certificates they got from the same class) and I've used my cert. to get two out of state permits that had the same requirements as VA.
Old February 2, 2009, 09:35 PM   #9
1911SFOREVER

NOVA CCW class

I present classes in Culpeper. When your new addition has been integrated in the family I'll be glad to finish your wife's training.

http://www.fpftraining.com/courses.html#dhs1