The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 23, 2009, 03:39 PM   #1
fireroad

Does ANYBODY have large rifle primers?

How are people getting them? Is there some kind of list I need to get on? I've been trying for almost two month now and had to buy factory ammo for my hunt next week. It's gotton so bad Midway won't even let you backorder!
Any tips would be greatly appreciated as this is very frustrating to a newb reloader,
Old February 23, 2009, 08:39 PM   #2
TonyAR308

There is a place around where I live that I saw a couple boxes of 1000, I believe CCI 200. I haven't started buying those yet since everything else has been backordered or worse. I think they were $30. Can I help? Anyone know if I would have to ship something like that HazMat? Don't hold me to anything but if you'd like I can check in the next couple of days.
Old February 23, 2009, 08:47 PM   #3
IllinoisCoyoteHunter

powder and primers=hazardous material....I wouldn't wanna get caught shipping it non-hazmat...But, you may be able to get away with it.

~NRA LIFE MEMBER~
~NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR~
Old February 23, 2009, 08:51 PM   #4
fireroad

Thanks for the offer Tony! ICH is right, the haz charge would make them pretty pricey. I found two small shops about an hour away(in opposite directs of course) that have LR primers in stock. One has CCI and one has Winchester ...so I need to figure out which one is best for my needs (243 win and 280 rem, have to work well in the cold).
Old February 23, 2009, 08:51 PM   #5
TonyAR308

That's what I figured. Wouldn't save anyone anything then. Just thought I could be of help. I don't believe in hording. I will help anyone find anything, besides it wouldn't be my money. Never know what I will find while visiting the store.