The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 3, 2008, 03:19 PM   #1
mikenbarb

"Too much work" Statement from David Hineline

Asked seller for info on Mossberg 500 .410 youth model he is selling here.
Seller responded with, "The box says Mossberg 500 Crown Grade Bantam BBL1 24.0 PLN Fixed full choke. Youth sized Synthetic stock Black Wood FRM. It looks like a Mossberg 500 .410 plain barrel with sight bead.
There is nothing going to show up in an internet picture."(if its a real gun, Why not?)

I then replied to PM asking seller to send a couple pics of the Reciever with model number and showing its a Crown Grade model.
Seller responded, "Too much work". I replied, Thanks anyway.
Im not sure what the deal is with this "Crown Grade" Black synthetic stock black wood FRM gun but buyer should make sure of what he is getting on this one.

I have never had a reply that its "too much work" to take a couple pics of the model in question.

Last edited by mikenbarb; June 3, 2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: wording
Old June 3, 2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Shadi Khalil

Sometimes selling involves a little work. Selling a firearm sight unseen is gonna be tough, espeically when you refuse to post pics....
Old June 3, 2008, 06:00 PM   #3
mikenbarb

I agree. But its even harder when the model is one they say that you cant find on the internet and its synthetic Wood and a Crown Grade.???? Hmmmm,Thats a new one to me.lol
Old June 3, 2008, 06:08 PM   #4
hoytinak

I wouldn't want to buy something from someone that isn't willing to take the time to take a couple of pics. Who knows....if they're not willing to take the time for that, whats to so they're going to take the time to get it shipped to you in a timely manner.

If you really want it. Get the serial number from him and call it in to Mossberg to check it out. I've had some people ask me for the serial number on firearms I was selling so they could check it out. If it's all good, he should have no problem giving it up for that.
Old June 3, 2008, 07:00 PM   #5
mikenbarb

Not even gonna bother. Too many questions I have now and bad taste from the reply. I dont want to buy from sellers that reply with three words on a possible firearm sale. Too much money to send not knowing what your getting.