The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 3, 2004, 06:32 PM   #1
Bob Freddy

ATI Shotforce stock

Has anyone tried out one of the new ATI Shotforce 6 position stocks? They are modeled after an AR type collapsable stocks. They seem to be priced cheap I am wondering if this is a hint towards the quality. They do carry a lifetime warranty for what that is worth.

Here is a link... http://www.atigunstocks.com/shotforce-MossRemWin.html

BOB
Old December 4, 2004, 12:06 PM   #2
rugerdude

I have not even seen these before now but I can comment on one of their other products. I bought a 10/22 dragunov stock made by them and I couldn't be happier, inexpensive, nice looking, strong, fun. They make good stuff.

Not my quote but I agree completely.
Old December 4, 2004, 12:35 PM   #3
Bob Freddy

Yeah, I am adding this to my Christmas wish list! They also make the new heatshield with built in ghost ring sights. I might give that a try also!

BOB
Old December 5, 2004, 10:21 PM   #4
jerryp

Just got one and put it on this weekend. it's pretty nice. it's not quite as 'tight' as i'd like it woth the locking positions but it seems like it will do its job nicely. Shortens overall length about 3 inches less than factory synthetic stock. And of course it looks pretty cool
Old August 25, 2005, 02:49 PM   #5
Gastonite

I was about to post a question on this topic, but saw this in the search so thought I'd BTT it.

Has anyone else had any experience with these stocks? To those who posted, how have they held up over time?

Finally, does anyone have any recommendations on short or collapsible stocks outside of the Shotforce stock? My current full lengthed stock is just too long.

Thanks!
Old August 25, 2005, 04:30 PM   #6
shooter_john

Got one.

I have had one for about a month now, very pleased so far. I've only shot 50-75 rounds, seems to be holding up well. Mine is on Mberg 590A1 w/ ghost rings, and takes a little getting used to as far as getting "into" the cheekweld, but I am getting more comfortable with it. The only thing I wish were different would be an aluminum tube instead of the polymer, but overall I would recommend it.
Old August 25, 2005, 04:32 PM   #7
Gastonite

Thanks for the feedback, John.

Anyone else out there? I'm also open to hearing about experiences with different brands.

Thanks!
Old August 25, 2005, 04:55 PM   #8
Kamicosmos

I just installed a Knoxx Copstock on my Moss 500A. Couldn't be more impressed. Greatly reduced recoil. It is a folding Pistol Grip stock though. Gives a LOP of about 13 inches or so.

-- Major Motoko Kusanagi GitS:SAC

Member of NRA and Western Missouri Shooters Alliance
Old August 25, 2005, 04:59 PM   #9
Duxman

I am also considering such a stock for my Mossberg 590 - but I am waiting for the Knoxx Comstock to become available:

http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/P...cOpsStock.html

If they delay beyond the August timeframe, I might go to the configuration that you suggested.
Old August 25, 2005, 05:55 PM   #10
CaCrusin

SpecOps shipping now!

I'm pleased to announce that the SpecOps stocks for Remington, Mossberg and Winchester are all shipping. We have shipped the entire backlog for Mossberg and Winchester and will have the Remington backorders done by Wednesday of next week. Our assembly staff is working the weekend to get them finished.

Remington will be offering the SpecOps Stock on all of their military and police 870s immediately and on their turkey guns this spring. With over 7.5 million 870s out there, we hope to sell a few to the aftermarket as well.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM