The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 20, 2005, 08:23 AM   #1
bigjedd

Lanber Choke ID

Hi all
I am a newbie from the land downunder and hope you maybe able to help with my query.
I have a Lamber 2097 sporting clay 12ga which was handed down from a deceased friend's estate. Unfortunately there is no handbook with the gun.
Would anyone know which choke settings the Marks on the choke inserts relate to.
Old February 20, 2005, 02:03 PM   #2
HunterTRW

A quick Google search turned up the following information on Lanber, taken from the Website of Bob Day's R&D Custom Barrel Service in Pico Rivera, California (www.americhoke.com):

"Lanber Shotguns
Imported by ITC International, Inc.
1720 Cumberland Point Dr., Suite 5, Marietta, GA 30067
(770) 858-0048 FAX: 0051
President: Jean Constantinides
Manufactured in: SpainPrice Range: $850 to $1,250 depending on options.Imported by ITC International, Lanber Shotguns are manufactured by master craftsmen. Offering exceptional value, these premium quality firearms feature the exclusive Lanberchoke system to provide a consistent advantage in hunting or competitive shooting events. Both semi-automatic and over-and-under models are available. Phone or fax for a consultation."

You might e-mail ITC (sorry, didn't have time to obtain their Web address), or Mr. Day at R&D. Either way, you should be able to obtain answers to your questions.

Good luck, and good shooting!
Old February 20, 2005, 08:46 PM   #3
RUT

G'day Mate!

Ok, here's the deal on Lanber chokes: (by notch)

1- Full
2- Improved Modified (aka Skeet 11)
3- Modified
4- Improved Cylinder

I too have a 2097 (30") and it's a great gun for the money, at least here in the states. I realize this doesn't do you much good "down under", but here's the website for Lanber here in the U.S.

http://lanberusa.tripod.com/

Enjoy,

RUT
Old February 22, 2005, 07:56 AM   #4
bigjedd

Thank you guys for the information on chokes.
I actually came accross a web sight which listed the choke markings and relevant sizes.

Rut you were spot on. I have a choke tube that has no markings at all on it but after measuring the inside diam I believe it to be skeet AKA cyl.

Anyway I am shooting in a sc comp this weekend ( the first in twelve months since dislocating my right shoulder ) With the info you have given me I will be able to select a couple of chokes to do the job.
thanks once again for your help.
Old February 22, 2005, 08:11 AM   #5
bigjedd

Just thought I might ad this for future reference. It is the sight for Lanber choke sizes.www.lanber.net/ingles/home_1.html