The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old February 23, 2009, 10:35 AM   #1
rbs75

BEWARE of Ben Hall (eclipsetactical) of Versailles Kentucky

Benjamin W. Hall
Versailles, KY 40383

i have been on ak47.net for a few years,

this is me

http://www.ak47.net/member/member.html?id=77671

this person advertised rebuilt ak47 magazines as new or better than new condition. i purchased 15 of them for $202.57. i received 15 spray painted rusty magazines. these mags are painted with an industrial oil based paint that is completely unsuitable. and he completely lied about his process, they are not stripped. the paint on the mags is soft and peeling off and the original finish is still under there. i tried one of the mags and the follower was gummed up with paint and would not move.

quote from his email to me. "I did not steal anything from you. I sent you the mags and have confirmation, sorry you are not happy with them but no refunds. I am an individual not a business".

do yourself a favor and stay far away from him.
Old February 23, 2009, 03:14 PM   #2
eclipsetactical

/ yawn lol.....offered to replace the mags that were bad. But honestly after the messages I got and names I have been called I am not going to do anything for this guy.

Lesson to all, be nice it gets you a lot farther than name calling and threatening. I told him I was very sorry he was unhappy and would have helped until he behaved the way he did.

I am not going to get in a ******* match, this will be the only comment I leave on this post.
Old February 23, 2009, 07:21 PM   #3
rbs75

email transcript

Flag this message Re: bulgy ak47 mags

Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:47 PM

"Ben Hall" <[email protected]>
View contact details

To:
[email protected]

lol wow you have got a real attitude problem. Again I am ending communication with you. Please stop harrassing me. Learn to be nice to people and manage your anger, I promise you that you will feel a lot better about yourself and live a more positive life.

Ben

To: Ben Hall <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 12:44:03 AM
Subject: Re: bulgy ak47 mags

you and i both know that you would have never done the right thing, because you are a lowlife scumbag.

--- On Sun, 2/22/09, Ben Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

To: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 11:36 PM

Actually that was my first batch and if you would have been a bit nicer I would have allowed you to send them back and let me redo them. We are now glassbeading all mags in a cabinet with aluminum oxide and using Perma Slik G to refinish. But you had to go off and call me a bunch of names and then troll my posts which didn't help matters for you. Try to be more calm and collected from now on and you will get things done for you. Nobody likes to here the kind of things that you have said to me and the majority would take the path I did of just not doing anything for you since you had such an attitude. As I said before I am sorry you were unhappy with the mags and wish you the best.

Ben

P.s. I still have a couple of teeth left, thanks for the compliment though. LMFAO

Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 12:24:25 AM

you are just some toothless redneck with a bucket of paint, some rusty magazines, a tube of axle grease and a computer, aren't you? you have no idea what quality work is and you should not offer your magazines for sale on the boards. we would rather have them before you do anything to them and refinish them ourselves, than have to strip off your "process" and have to redo them. you are very ignorant and you should not be allowed to do work to any part of a firearm.

Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 2:34 PM

I am not a thief I sent you your products. You are making false statements. As I said I am very sorry you are not happy with the mags. I have used my restored mags just fine all the time.. But all that aside no refunds, I am an individual not a business. I am ending this conversation. Sorry for the troubles and I hope the best for you.

Ben

Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:30:52 PM

you are a thief and you know it.

Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 2:28 PM

I did not steal anything from you. I sent you the mags and have confirmation, sorry you are not happy with them but no refunds.

Ben

Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:22:43 PM

you stole over $200 from me using the internet and a usps money order. that is wire fraud, trust me half of these mags were for a lawyer.

Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 2:19 PM

I did not commit fraud, you can troll me all you like. Just watch how far you go.

Ben

Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:16:26 PM

i am going to contact everyone on the boards that has purchased mags from you. wire fraud is a serious crime.

Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 2:13 PM

Sorry you are not happy. I do not offer refunds though. Although we will replace any mags that do not function correctly.. You have to pay shipping to ship them back and shipping back to you..

Ben

Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 12:21:24 PM

i am very unhappy with these magazines and i really feel like you got over on me.. the quality is nowhere close to what you advertised. you advertised "as good as new or better" and these are spray painted junk. i will be expecting a full refund plus return shipping.

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Ben Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 8:35 AM

Prolly just where presidents day came up and I dropped it off Fri afternoon. We live in a kinda small cow town sometimes they dont get in a rush getting things done, i guess that could also be because its the USPS and have nothing to do with where I live lolz.

Ben

Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:33:33 AM

i got a notice that you printed a shipping label but nothing to say they have been shipped.

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Ben Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 8:31 AM

Sure did you should have got a ship notice in your email. Shipped them late last week.

Ben

Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:47:45 PM

did you ever get those mags shipped?

--- On Mon, 2/9/09, Ben Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 9:46 PM

I was just letting you know that I got your money order in and cashed it. Tell your post office to replace thier printer LOL. Had the postal clerk give me hell today about cashing that MO. She knows me though I know she was just messing with me. I will have your mags out tommorrow or the day after though I just wanted to let you know.. There will be a ship notice with tracking number coming to your email as soon as I ship. If you need anything else feel free to contact me anytime...

Ben

Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:41:37 PM

ok, i may not be able to make to the post office until thursday. money order will be on the way by thursday.

thanks,
Skip
Old February 23, 2009, 07:47 PM   #4
rbs75

pics posted

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010288mh6.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010290cn1.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010295eg2.jpg
Old February 24, 2009, 02:03 AM   #5
JohnKSa
Staff

**Posts Deleted**

Input on dispute threads is limited to those involved or those who have done business with one of the involved parties.

See sticky at the top of the forum.
Old February 28, 2009, 01:57 PM   #6
rbs75

i got banned form the ak-files for posting what a crook this guy is.
Old February 28, 2009, 06:17 PM   #7
pax

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=336632

Read before posting, please.

pax
Old February 28, 2009, 07:33 PM   #8
eclipsetactical

Example of good feedback on me

Since we are having the bad feedback I feel the need to show the good. I also have more good feedback coming in from other people and will post it as it is received.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=95785

Looks like you are on your way to another ban, you have broke forum rules on every forum I have seen you on. Surprised they have not all banned you by now.
Old February 28, 2009, 10:00 PM   #9
JohnKSa
Staff

All right, everybody seems to have had his say.

Between the pictures of the mags and the message traffic back & forth, everyone should be able to form a very accurate picture of exactly what happened.

If more pertinent information becomes available either of the two involved parties can PM me to get the thread re-opened.